The Uruguay duck migration is special not only to wintess, but also take part in the hunting in Uruguay. This Uruguay duck hunt will certainly produce a lifetime of memories. We are proud to let you know that you do not need a large amount of money in your vacation fund or special contacts to make this Uruguay duck hunting a reality.
One will encounter many species of ducks on one’s Uruguay hunting trip to Uruguay—ducks such as Rosybilled Pochards, Brazilian teal, and White-faced Tree Ducks. The ducks are all found in abundance, and decoy readily into the smallest spreads of decoys, called “sinuelos” in Spanish. While we are on the subject of Spanish, “Mas cartuchos por favor!” is all the Spanish that you need to know to hunt with us… it means literally, “More shells please!”, and that is exactly what you will be needing during your shoot-more and more shells.
Keep in mind that only lead shot is sold in Uruguay, so if you are used to shooting steel at home, you will need to stretch out that lead to get on target. But don’t worry, you will have plenty of practice, and behind every duck is another, and another, until your limit is reached.
Typical day in the Uruguay duck hunt:
- Wake up to hot coffee and fresh breakfast foods.
- Short drive to the Uruguay duck hunting blind - take part with flock after flock of ducks flood the sky. Enjoy your Uruguay duck hunt!
- Lunch at the Fortin Lodge.
- Prep for the afternoon duck hunt in Uruguay or a Perdiz hunt. The Perdiz hunt takes place with one of the highly trained setters and guide and walking throughout the fields is required. The landscape is short grass and there are no cacti - an easy walk in Uruguay and good time to enjoy the Uruguay land and the chance to take part in the Upland hunt of Uruguay Perdiz.
- Appetizers and dinner in the large, comfortable dining room of Fortin. Get ready to eat some exquisite meals and enjoy the fine wines of Uruguay.
Our Uruguay duck hunting trips are typically three day, or five day trips. Of course, we can customize other trips for you, and we highly recommend that you consider a Uruguay duck and dove hunting trip—a combo.
The only trip that is probably as impressive as Uruguay duck hunting is the dove shoot. Image being able to burn through 1,000 rounds in a single afternoon… right after a morning of ducks over decoys.
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend