Zanj is a 22 meter steel ketch, powered by a 240 Hp Cummins engine. She has a total sail area of 140 square meters and a cruising speed of 8 knots. Zanj is capable of motoring 2000 Nautical Miles without re-fueling. A beam of 5 meters gives her a spacious interior together with plenty of deck space. A draft of 1,6metres gives her a wide range of access to shallower areas including many usually inaccessible atoll lagoons. She is equipped with a 400 gallon p/d desalinater and the space to store two tons of water (a priceless asset when operating in inaccessible areas or on long voyages). Electricity is produced by two diesel generators- one 15Kva and one 8Kva, both providing 380V - 220V - 110V.
Zanj has three cabins, two fitted with double beds and one fitted with two single beds. She has ten single bunks - comfortably sleeping a total of 14. She has three heads (toilets), two showers (hot water!), a large open plan galley fitted with two deep freezers- one 400l and one 210l (-18d C), a 100l day fridge, a gimble stove and microwave. Two tenders are available for easy access to shore, surf and dive spots. One 4.5m semi rigid inflatable powered by two 30HP Mariners and one flat bottom tender powered by a 40HP Mariner. On board is a 190 l/p/m Bauer diving compressor offering divers an unlimited supply of air. On board entertainment includes one television, one LCD screen both perfect for editing holiday footage, watching movies or playing play station. We have a large selection of music and the facilities to play DVD's, CD's, VCD'S and MP3's.
- The Pilothouse: Zanj has a full wooden interior giving her a traditional feel blended together with modern technology. We are equipped with the latest electronic aids which include:
* 4 x GPS's
* 2 x Chart plotters
* 3 x VHF's
* 1 x Sat Phone, Voice and e-mail.
* 1 x SSB radio
* 2 x Echo sounders
* 1 x Auto pilot
* Wind and log instruments.
- The Decks: Zanj is fitted with a spacious teak deck which together with a cushioned upper deck invites relaxation.Â The aft section is fitted with a barbeque and is protected by a weather proof Biminey. The aft deck table can comfortably seat 10 people and on hot summer days you can be kept cool under a full length awning.
- Safety: Safety is of the utmost importance. A validated SAMSA class XII international chartering license ensures our commitment to international standards of safety.
* Surfing: The yacht's crew are keen surfers and always on the hunt for the perfect wave. Join us on a surf mission to discover virgin breaks at unknown destinations. We have a selection of boards and wetsuits to choose from.
* Wreck Diving: For three years the Zanj explorer team has been involved in marine archeology. We have been working together with the internationally renowned marine archeological company Arquanautas worldwide'. We have first hand experience in magnetic bottom scanning, visual recognition and sediment removal techniques- both air and water driven. We have also been involved in the preservation and restoration of retrieved artifacts. We have discovered more than 27 previously unrecorded wreck sites and successfully excavated three. It has been a rewarding experience that has offered both knowledge and excitement.
* Scuba Diving: For those serious divers we have a 190l Bauer Diving compressor on board with an unlimited supply of air. We are equipped with cylinders, weight belts, BCD's, Dv's, masks, fins and wetsuits. The yachts will have a qualified dive master on board to show you the local underwater treasures.
* Whale Watching: Get a chance to view these magnificent creatures from the perfect vantage point on the deck. Friendly dolphins can often be seen playing in the bow wave. Donat miss the chance to see them close up underwater while being towed behind the yacht on our specially designed water sledge. Some enthusiasts have also been lucky enough to swim with whale sharks, Manta Rays and Dugongs.
* Beach Activities: Baseball, cricket, soccer, frisbee, beach bats and volleyball. You choose!
* Wakeboard/ Ski behind our 4.5m semi rigid tender powered by two 30HP Mariner outboards.
* Windsurfing/ Kiteboarding: For those who enjoy adrenalin water sports, we have boards and sails for both.
* Snorkeling: Every bay has a unique underwater landscape waiting to be explored. Experience the vivid colors of the shallow reefs abundant with tropical marine life. We have wetsuits; masks; snorkels; fins and weight belts.
* Fishing: Catch Tuna, Wahoo, Dorado, and Marlin with our fishing rods and tackle. Use a hand line to catch bottom fish or use our jig to catch squid. Not one charter has gone by without plenty of big fish being caught!
* Navigating and Sailing: become involved and learn how to navigate and sail a 70 foot ketch. You will learn how to plot a course on the chart, set the sails and sail by using modern technology or simply a compass and the stars.
* Kayaking: Stay fit by exploring the many lagoons, estuaries and islands with one of our sea-kayaks, or use our Stealth fishing ski to troll for fish.
* Beach Combing: One of the crew will take you ashore to explore many remote beaches to do as you please on your very own private beach!
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
US: , ext: 19700
Outside US, please use a number below and enter the extension "19700" when prompted:
UK: 01865 52 2588
Australia: 08 8121 5884
Note: If unavailable, leave a voicemail for the supplier to call you back.