Montana Angler Fly Fishing guides Brian and Miles McGeehan are two of a small handful of guides qualified to run Bear Trap Canyon of the Madison. Bear Trap Canyon is a federal wilderness area with very limited access. There is only one permit for commercial fishing on the water (owned by Combs Outfitting, we operate the trips through his license out of the Tackle Shop in Ennis). Only 40 days, limited to two rafts per trip, are offered each year in the canyon making it one of the most sought after trips in North America. The size and aggressiveness of the lightly pressured trout in Bear Trap impresses even the most experienced anglers. Combine great fishing with 3000 foot cliff walls, class V whitewater, moose, eagles and mountain goats and you can imagine why this trip is so highly regarded.
3 Nights Lodging - 2 Days Guided Fishing:
- Main Lodge Rooms $1,640 pp ~ Duplex Suites and Channels Lodge Rooms $1,730 pp ~ View Top Channels Lodge Rooms $1,790 pp
4 Nights Lodging - 3 Days Guided Fishing:
- Main Lodge Rooms $2,260 pp ~ Duplex Suites and Channels Lodge Rooms $2,380 pp ~ View Top Channels Lodge Rooms $2,460 pp
5 Nights Lodging - 4 Days Guided Fishing:
- Main Lodge Rooms $2,830 pp ~ Duplex Suites and Channels Lodge Rooms $2,980 pp ~ View Top Channels Lodge Rooms $3,080 pp
6 Nights Lodging - 5 Days Guided Fishing:
- Main Lodge Rooms $3,420 pp ~ Duplex Suites and Channels Lodge Rooms $3,600 pp ~ View Top Channels Lodge Rooms $3,720 pp
- Accommodations based on double occupancy
- All meals: buffet breakfast, streamside lunch, evening appetizers, and a 4 course casual gourmet dinner (including complimentary beer and wine)
- Guided drift and/or wade fishing (Madison River, Yellowstone River, Ruby River, and Missouri River)
- Use of ORVIS rods, reels and waders, and use of property amenities including fishing on the Jurassic Pond, Jack Creek, and the "Channels" section of the Madison River.
- Montana fishing license
- Montana lodging tax
- Transportation to and from the lodge
- Store/fly purchases
- Private water rod fees
- Service charge
- Guide gratuities.
Joined InfoHub: Mar 2010
Client Request Served: 12
M20145 provides guided fly fishing trips on legendary rivers, spring creeks and private water in the heart of Montana's waters. We also offer several lodging packages with both luxury fly fishing lodges and our favorite local hotels. Our guides have over 80 years of combined experience and are widely respected for...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see tour packages in:
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend