This wonderful trip will take us along the coasts of the largest private park in the World, Pumalin Park. We will row along these unique and amazing landscapes which compare only to Fjord Land in New Zealand. We can see valleys that extend between granite walls, certainly a wonder of creation. We will enjoy three natural hot springs surrounded by nature and sail the Quintupeo and Cahuelmó fjords amongst mountains and waterfalls that plunge directly to the sea. In this impressive landscape we can also see sea lions, penguins, dolphins, sea otters and a large variety of birds.
- All meals from day 1 to day 6, including breakfast, walk snack, box lunch, dinner, wine, appetizers, board cheese and other delicious food.
- All land transportation: private mini bus the entire trip.
- All water transportation: local boat that will take us back from Cahuelmó to Hornopirén on day 6 and ferry to cross the Reloncavi fjord.
- 5 nights in quality camping with beautiful views and excellent camping gear.
- Kayak with rudder and Prijon equipment (made in Germany), doubles and simples, Paddle, skirts, row jackets, life jacket, dry bags for your equipment and camera.
- Professional First aid kit, GPS, UHF Radios, handy, maps and repair kits, aerial pictures and more
- Bilingual Guide (Spanish-English) accredited by Wilderness First Response. Wide experienced in sea kayak, long trips to remote places. A Cook with a balanced diet in mind that will please the taste of the traveller and who has some vegetarian specialties
- Book Collection about the trips, that will help you enrich the experience and increase your knowledge of the places.
- Primary assistance insurance
Day 1 Puerto Varas / Hornopirén
We will pick you up in the meeting point and drive south, visit the Alerce Andino National Park, sail on a ferry and enjoy the Pichicolo hot springs during the afternoon. Later on we will camp in a private mini park in facing the ocean with beautiful forest and hot shower.
Day 2 Hornopirén / Llancahue Hot Springs
Here we go into the sea in our kayaks and you will be given safety, rescue and rowing instructions. We will then sail for some 4 hours until we reach the Llancahue Hot Springs where we will have dinner and spend the night in a camping site. Today we enjoy two hot water pools by the sea and watch the sunset.
Day 3 Llancahue / Quintupeo
We will leave early towards the Quintupeo fjord and row for 4 to 5 hours in a spectacular sail. We will sail the Cumao fjord southwards until the narrow entrance of Quintunpeo fjord at the heart of Pumalin Park. This fabulous fjord has huge granite that plunge into the sea and we will be able to see waterfalls that jump from the Andes into the sea. This is undoubtedly a beautiful corner of our planet. We will set camp at the end of the fjord and then rest.
Day 4 Quintupeo / Cahuelmó
}This will be our longest day, we will row for 5 to 6 hours --nearly 22 km/14 mi-- and depending on the weather and the tide, we might have to do some night sailing, which will give us a different view of the fjord. As every effort is rewarded, we will arrive to Cahuelmó Fjord after about 4 hours, a wonderful place with big mountains that rise from the sea and then go inland amongst narrow valleys waiting to be explored. We will see a sea lions colony and once we have reached the end of the fjord we will find the Cahuelmó Hot Springs, a part of the Pumalin Project. We will set camp near the natural pools dug on the rock by local people in the early 30`s and enjoy a hot spring bath and the amazing southern latitude sunset. Dinner and free afternoon
Day 5 Relax and walk around
Today we enjoy the hot springs, the river and a walk around the camping site. As we go deep into the forest we can listen to many birds such as chucao or the alarm calls by huet huet and if we watch closely we might be able to see the pudu’s footprints, the smallest deer on earth. If we are lucky we might see a flying condor or the footprint of a puma. Once we get back we can have a free afternoon to enjoy the place.
Day 6 Cahuelmó / Puerto Varas
Today we will take a boat to sail to Hornopirén where we will take our bus back to Puerto Varas. We will take a shorter way this time and then a ferry across the Reloncavi fjord to go to Angelmó, a typical market. Here we will have our last lunch together enjoying delicious sea food. We will then take you to your hotel in Puerto Varas or Puerto Montt.
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
US: , ext: 20382
Outside US, please use a number below and enter the extension "20382" when prompted:
UK: 01865 52 2588
Australia: 08 8121 5884
Note: If unavailable, leave a voicemail for the supplier to call you back.