Accommodation is held in rural B&B and Zaragoza Hostel, and all meals (including “farewell dinner” on Sunday night) are included in the final prize. Starting point is the wooden “crossing boat” of Pradilla, and trip continues through some of the most vegetated parts of the Ebro including some Natural Reserves and the “Cliffs branch”, where desert and jungle together conform a unique landscape.
Ending point is the ancient city of Zaragoza, where more than 2000 years of history have yielded a vast cultural heritage and some excellent tapas bars. Total lenght of the trip is 71 km/44 mi., with a maximum kayaking lenght of 31 km/19 mi in a day. Trip is intended to average fit people who enjoy outdoors activities as well as discovering singular cultural heritage. Single or double sea kayaks will be our loyal companions.
Day 1, April 22nd: Arrival to our facilities and afternoon kayaking to Alcalá de Ebro:
- 13-14h Collecting participants from airport (*) transfer to our base in Cabañas de Ebro (15 minutes from airport).
- 14-16h Lunch (Spanish paella with rabbit and vegetarian alternatives) briefing and presentations.
- 17-21h Evening kayaking and river sunset watching in the branch from Pradilla to Alcalá (11 km/6.8 mile). We start visiting the small interpretation center besides the traditional wooden crossing boat of Pradilla-Boquiñeni, and get ready for a nicely vegetated branch of the river, very rich in natural islands.
- 21h: Dinner (traditional Aragon’s Migas) and free time in Alcalá de Ebro, where the lodging will be held in a rural B&B.
Day 2, April 23rd : Alcalá – Torres de Berrellén:
- 8h30-9h breakfast at the “Patio de la Ïnsula” B&B.
- 9h30 – 20h Cruising down the Ebro, from Alcalá to the crossing boat of Torres de Berrellén. We will stop along the journey to watch the brave bulls of Finca of Cagainero (not so scaring when they are free in the nature as they are there), do a trekking up the Castle of Castellar”, admire the gypsum cliffs, crossing the boat of Torres and have some picnic and drinks from time to time, as we want to happily enjoy the 28 km trip along one of the most singular landscapes of the whole Ebro River.
- 21h After having a shower in the accommodation, we will go for a “tapas based” dinner and a guided visit to the historical centre of Alagón (Ibers, Romans, and medieval Muslims, Jewish and Christians have already done this promenade). Free time and transfer back to the accommodation in Alcalá de Ebro (at negotiated times).
Day 3, April 24th : Alcalá – the Majestic city of Zaragoza:
- 9-10h breakfast at the accommodation of Alcalá de Ebro.
- 10h30 – 19h30: We will continue visiting the third crossing boat of the upper aragonese Ebro, admiring the watching tower of “La Atalaya” over the gypsum cliffs of Sobradiel, pass by the Natural Reserve of Galacho de Juslibol (nice spot for bird watching) and finally enjoy the glorious navigated conquer of the city of Zaragoza, entering by its most beautiful door. On the way we will pass along the International EXPO Site in Meandro de Ranillas, and of course admire the ancient and modern architecture of the 8 bridges of the city.
- 21h30: After we left our luggage and have a shower in Zaragoza Hostel (located in a beautiful Renaissance palace), we will enjoy the final farewell dinner in the most charming “traveler’s bar” of Zaragoza “El Atrapamundos”. The night will then start with a guided cultural visit in Zaragoza’s city center (which certainly offers an amazing quantity of interesting historical spots).
Day 4, April 25th: Zaragoza and end of tour:
- Free time until we will transfer you from Zaragoza hostel to the airport or intermodal station. End of services.
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
US: , ext: 20618
Outside US, please use a number below and enter the extension "20618" when prompted:
UK: 01865 52 2588
Australia: 08 8121 5884
Note: If unavailable, leave a voicemail for the supplier to call you back.