This activity gives you a chance to try out one of the most popular and fastest growing water sports ever. This funny experience will gets you from Arriondas to Llovio through 15 km (9.3 miles) descending by Ribadesella. This place is perfect for canoeing trip down the lovely River Sella with a picturesque scenery and ideal water conditions. All sessions are tailored either for complete beginners or for those with some previous experience to ensure everyone and has enjoyable and constructive time on the water.
The canoes are very stable, and you can descend by yourself or in double, triple or event four people (3 adults and a child) capacity. Once you have arrived to our PaddleinSpain center in Merediz (Arriondas) and be welcomed, your day will begin with a thorough safety briefing covering the techniques and safety aspects of canoeing. Once you get change at our facilities, our staff will transfer you to the wharf and the beginning point.
You can start between 11am til 1:00 pm and from Arriondas you have 3 points to finish your descent and disembark:
- First is going to be after 7 km (4.35 miles) in Toraño
- Second after 10 km (6.2 mi) in Llordón
- Third and end point after 15 km (9.3 mi) in Llovio.
Fortunately, you can stop when and where you like, eat your picnic, have a drink, admire the wonderful scenery, stretch your legs, have a swim, and explore the riverbank other than with your head. When you finally reach your destination downstream between 3 to 5 hours later (depending on your faster paddling) you are picked up and driven back to base camp. An excellent day out, and a real achievement on every level.
- Minimum age: 5 years
- Juniors must be accompanied of an adult
- All participants must know how to swim
- Before your booking, please inform to the centre if you are exceptionally tall or overweight, or if you have any medical conditions, disabilities which affect your ability to partake in the activity.
- All the equipment required for the activity (canoe, life jacket, paddle, etc.)
- RC and accident insurance
- Digital photo service (optional, not included in price).
- Please wear basic sports clothing, which you don't mind getting damp or wet, wearing old trainers, sandals, or wet shoes
- A towel and complete change of clothes and shoes are necessary
- If you wear glasses its a good idea to secure them with elastic
- Travel insurance is not included.
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: Nov 2010
Client Request Served: 15
M20618 is a website created by people involved in tourism and in the world of kayaking. It is the perfect meeting point between adventurers and our beautiful country: SPAIN. We will take care of our clients on destination, providing competitive prices, tailor made itineraries, and organizing a personal, professional...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see tour packages in:
Whitewater rafting, canoeing, kayaking outfitters
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend