The canoes are very stable, and you can descend by yourself or in double, triple or event four people (3 adults and a child) capacity. Once you have arrived to our PaddleinSpain center in Merediz (Arriondas) and be welcomed, your day will begin with a thorough safety briefing covering the techniques and safety aspects of canoeing. Once you get change at our facilities, our staff will transfer you to the wharf and the beginning point.
You can start between 11am til 1:00 pm and from Arriondas you have 3 points to finish your descent and disembark:
- First is going to be after 7 km (4.35 miles) in Toraño
- Second after 10 km (6.2 mi) in Llordón
- Third and end point after 15 km (9.3 mi) in Llovio.
Fortunately, you can stop when and where you like, eat your picnic, have a drink, admire the wonderful scenery, stretch your legs, have a swim, and explore the riverbank other than with your head. When you finally reach your destination downstream between 3 to 5 hours later (depending on your faster paddling) you are picked up and driven back to base camp. An excellent day out, and a real achievement on every level.
- Minimum age: 5 years
- Juniors must be accompanied of an adult
- All participants must know how to swim
- Before your booking, please inform to the centre if you are exceptionally tall or overweight, or if you have any medical conditions, disabilities which affect your ability to partake in the activity.