Spring wildflowers or autumn foliage at its peak beckon us to explore this hidden realm of hills and dales along the tri-state border of Massachusetts, Connecticut, and New York. Mountains to wander over include Monument, Alander, Everett and Bear, giving us eye-popping vistas (at elevations of 2500-3000') of the surrounding countryside. Experience a little of the Appalachian Trail. Explore the area near Sages Ravine or the Ice Glen in Stockbridge.
This is an area steeped in history and we'll stroll the streets of classic villages - Lenox, Stockbridge, Great Barrington and Salisbury, CT. And walk quiet country lanes and a rail-trail above a white water stream. Popular, too, is the woodsy ramble to Bash Bish Falls. Elevations range from 800' to 3000'. We stay at cozy inns and B&Bs, such as Race Brook Lodge, where we can enjoy walks from the doorstep. Dining is at great area restaurants.
- Trip cost: $1,995 p/p
- Single Supplement: $200.
- Complete tour information & itinerary mailed in advance, including driving directions, if coming by car
- Pickup/dropoff at Albany, NY airport or nearby train/bus station, if needed
- Tour guiding
- Tour transportation
- All lodging during tour
- All meals during tour (breakfast, lunch & dinner)
- First aid/CPR.
- Transportation to pickup location and from dropoff location
- Lodging before & after tour
- Items of a personal nature, unless stated
- Meals or other services not listed on the itinerary, or alcoholic beverages
- Any personal expenses.
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: Nov 2005
Client Request Served: 303
Tours are offered in Vermont; New York's Adirondacks, Finger Lakes and Hudson River Valley; Maine Coast; New Hampshire's White Mountains; Massachusetts' Martha's Vineyard and Berkshires; North Carolina's Mountains, Northern California's Coast, and Hawaii's Big Island. Winter snowshoe...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see tour packages in:
Hiking and walking outfitters
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend