The azure blue ocean lays out before us from the tops of Blue Hill, Penobscot and Cadillac Mountains. We spend three days on the Blue Hill Peninsula and Deer Isle, the "Real" and uncrowded Maine Coast, then three on Mount Desert Island surrounded by Acadia National Park. You'll see some of the out-of-way places most "tourists" never visit. Hike rocky shores and wooded trails; stroll through historic Castine, Bar Harbor and Stonington villages; enjoy magnificent ocean vista and walks; visit Jordan Pond and climb Penobscot Mountain. Sample the abundant seafood from the area's fine restaurants.
Visit nature sanctuaries and island nature preserves, and many other spots just around the next bend in the road or coast. We stay at a friendly and relaxing inn in Deer Isle Village, and another on Mt. Desert Island surrounded by Acadia N.P.
Scheduled trip: Please contact us to set up a custom trip!
- Trip cost: $2295/pp
- Single Supplement: $200.
- Complete tour information & itinerary mailed in advance, including driving directions, if coming by car
- Pickup/dropoff at Bangor, ME airport or nearby train/bus station, if needed
- Tour guiding
- Tour transportation
- All lodging during tour
- All meals during tour (breakfast, lunch & dinner)
- First aid/CPR.
- Transportation to pickup location and from dropoff location
- Lodging before & after tour
- Items of a personal nature, unless stated
- Meals or other services not listed on the itinerary, or alcoholic beverages
- Any personal expenses.
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: Nov 2005
Tours are offered in Vermont; New York's Adirondacks, Finger Lakes and Hudson River Valley; Maine Coast; New Hampshire's White Mountains; Massachusetts' Martha's Vineyard and Berkshires; North Carolina's Mountains, Northern California's Coast, and Hawaii's Big Island. Winter snowshoe...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Also see tour packages in:
Hiking and walking outfitters
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend