This 80-mile-long swath of the state dominated by the Lake Champlain Valley and the west edge of the Green Mountains is perfect for wanderers with back roads meandering through forests and gently rolling farmlands dotted with cows and silos. Add to this bucolic landscape the occasional, umbrella-shaped elm tree punctuating the Adirondack or Green Mountains backdrop and you have walking at its finest.
We offer many options, and diversity is the name of the hiker's game in this region. There are ridgeline walks on Snake and Buck Mountains. There are nice walks near Silver Lake in the Green Mountain National Forest, and at Bristol Pond. There are pleasant hill walks up Bristol Ledges and Mt. Philo with sweeping views of the Champlain Valley. More challenging is the ascent of Moosalamoo or Rattlesnake Cliffs looming over Lake Dunmore.
Stretches of the TAM (Trail Around Middlebury) await us. We can even walk on the shores Lake Champlain on secluded rarely-visited trails! Small towns like Middlebury, Vergennes and Bristol add flavor to this trip, as does Burlington and its lakeside walking paths. Comfortable lodging is included from a choice of many fine inns and B&Bs.
Scheduled trip: Please contact us to set up a custom trip!
- Trip cost: $678/pp for 2 days up to $1,695/pp for 6 days
- Single Supplement: $200.
- Complete tour information & itinerary mailed in advance, including driving directions, if coming by car
- Pickup/dropoff at Burlington, VT airport or nearby train/bus station, if needed
- Tour guiding
- Tour transportation
- All lodging during tour
- All meals during tour (breakfast, lunch & dinner)
- First aid/CPR.
- Transportation to pickup location and from dropoff location
- Lodging before & after tour
- Items of a personal nature, unless stated
- Meals or other services not listed on the itinerary, or alcoholic beverages
- Any personal expenses.
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: Nov 2005
Client Request Served: 310
Tours are offered in Vermont; New York's Adirondacks, Finger Lakes and Hudson River Valley; Maine Coast; New Hampshire's White Mountains; Massachusetts' Martha's Vineyard and Berkshires; North Carolina's Mountains, Northern California's Coast, and Hawaii's Big Island. Winter snowshoe...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see tour packages in:
Hiking and walking outfitters
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend