I have been a licensed tourist guide since 2003 who has organized and lead tours devoted to the discovery of Palladio's architecture and his world, and who loves to share with the visitors my knowledge and love of the great works designed by this architect. I have a University degree in "The History of Arte Veneta" which brought me to study the economic, social and cultural context and background of Palladio's time, which lie behind the success of his style. I have loved Palladio's architecture all my life and love to speak about it to visitors. You will find below 2 of my sample Itineraries.
* Vicenza and Palladio, private walking tour - 3 hours:
Enjoy a fascinating walking tour of the city of Vicenza, focusing on the architecture of Andrea Palladio, the world's most influential architect. The city where he spent most of his life was transformed with his imposing civic building: the Basilica, the Loggia del Capitaniato and many aristocratic residences. The highlight of your time in Vicenza will be a visit to the Teatro Olimpico, one of the purest creations of Renaissance architecture. The symbol of Palladian architecture is the villa Rotonda, on the outskirts of Vicenza: you will enjoy the special location of the building, on the top of a gentle hill.
- Entrance fees are not included
- The Teatro Olimpico and the garden of villa Rotonda are open from Tuesday to Sunday; the interior of the villa is open on Wednesday, from April to October
- You can easily reach Vicenza by train (45 min. from Venice, 30 min. from Verona)
- Vicenza is an elegant and quiet town which offers many options of accomodation
* Palladian Villas, private guided tour - 3 hours:
The countryside around Vicenza is the best place to know the origins of Palladian villa architecture. Many itineraries can be arranged to visit Palladio's early works. They are very different from the villas of his maturity but not less charming and often decorated with beautiful frescoes. A three hours tour usually includes two of these villas: villa Godi, villa Caldogno, villa Saraceno, villa Poiana, villa Pisani. A visit to a pre-palladian gothic villa, which influenced Palladio, can also be arranged.
- Eentrance fees are not included
- Any tour will be planned from time to time considering the different availability of the monuments
- The mentioned sites are not reachable by public transport; I can use my car (maximum three clients), the extra charge will be quoted
- The area offers great location to enjoy local food
Note: Any tour can be customized. Do not hesitate to contact me!
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend