---Authentic Istanbul - Cultural Istanbul - Charming Istanbul!---
Let me take you through my Istanbul time tunnel, and your informative day in Istanbul will be much fun and great experience just like the movie "going back to future"; or you may choose the wrong tour and end up listening to a guide repeating a text like a tape recorder; Do not risk your Istanbul days with another tour, sign up for my tours while my supplies still last :)
I will be glad to be your guide & host while you are exploring the unique aspects of truly impressive Istanbul. We will also include little detours as a flavour of small and well hidden gems of Istanbul: You will be welcomed at a number of charming places not available to large tour groups, we will take the benefit of being a small tour group, and agree once more, as in this case, less is more :)
I have suggestions for a better experience of Istanbul; may it be a walking tour of the old town, Topkapi Palace, Asiatic Istanbul with the first mosque of the world designed by a woman, a better Bosphorus cruise experience, 1-2 hr tour of highlights of the Archaelogical museum with some of the most impressive artifacts of the world including Alexander The Great Sarcophagus, First love letter of the world, the Jewish heritage.
Lesser known but the most juicy Byzantine legends are waiting for you on my tours as we walk through the Hippodrome, Hagia Sophia and Basilica Cistern, and talk Turkey.
In Grand Bazaar we will not only skim the surface merely as shoppers, but have an experience of Turkish, Ottoman, Byzantine, Armenian, Jewish, Russian, Middle Eastern art products ; as I offer a brief highlights of the Bazaar tour, while we are also getting familiar with the art of negotiation.
In Spice Market - Egyptian Bazaar we'll nalso smell best of saffran, sample the better Turkish delight, sip Turkish coffee and apple tea but we will also hear centuries old stories lying behind them, ignored by most tours. We will also cover some of the lesser known side streets for fond surprises. Rustempasa & New Mosque, as well as Pet, fish & produce market are also in this area for those who have the interest for a brief or in depth detour.
A nice compliment I received on a tour was "A Renaissance Man in a Byzantine city". In Istanbul, all in one city you will find yourself in a city, that is; Roman, Byzantine, Ottoman, Republican Turkish, western, eastern, modern, conservative, Moslem, Christian, Jewish, romantic, intriguing, vibrant, mysterious, timeless, extremely scenic, the arena for some of the most impressive events of the world history.
After many years of guiding in Istanbul I am in the process of writing my own guide book of Istanbul: I think, because of being in the field I get a chance to see what lacks in the guide books written by foreigners. I am a blogger and my Istanbul travel info got popular with over 6000 hits so far. I am a former photo-journalist of the first Turkish parents magazine; almost all the photos I use to introduce my tours on toursbylocals. com are from my tours or my work.
I have a bachelor's degree in Political Sciences as well as my guide's licence. I film documentary short movies; In 2007 International Istanbul Festival I was a finalist. My travel articles are also popular among my colleagues. I will be glad to provide samples, and I am sensible enough to adjust the info level on tours; or else too much or too deep information over the dose kills the joy.
Some of the guides are lecturers; they keep on telling and telling an article like a text taken from a book; they add enthusiasm into this lecture as well; but if they lack in interacting; visitors end up nodding for too much 'impressive' information too much too digest.
Your tour guide should be a very good dose planner; to differentiate between a good medicine and the poison. On a private tour you have the comfort of doing what you like, but your guide should be a very good advisor: May it be deep into the incredible history, or Istanbul as a dynamic city; I wish you an incredible Istanbul Experience!
Among groups or individuals I escorted are:
* 2006 CBS TV during Pope's visit to Istanbul & Ephesus.
* President of Latvia in Istanbul on a Bosphorus cruise.
* 2004 American CBS TV to do with the visit of President Bush visiting Turkey during the Nato summit in Istanbul.
* 2004 Minister of Iran visiting Turkey during Earthquake summit. -Chamber of Commerce of Kuala Lumpur- Malaysia
* Members of Museum of Art of Hong Kong 1996.
* Atache of President Bush the senior, during the President's official visit to Ankara following 'Gulf Crisis'.
This is a long list, so I'm cutting it short here.
Photography: I worked for some time for a renowned Turkish parents magazine as a photographer and interviewer. I like sharing my photo tips with visitors; so that you may have a great photo to be framed from a memorable visit to Turkey. I also email a great collection of print quality photos.
Description of Services:
* The entrance fees are not included in the price.
* Services begin from the hotel, pier, airport and end at the pick up point.
* I try to keep my client profile high with my rates approx 15€ higher than my colleagues, to allow purely good bargain hunters to look else where, and those who do not want to sacrifice from quality and style, you are welcome warmly here!
* half day walking tour: (Euro) 60€ with public transportation or walking tour.
* full day tour: (Euro) 120€ with public transportation or walking tour. If your hotel is in the old town, recommended to do a walking tour on your first day, to cover monuments nearby your hotel.
Private transportation: (Mercedes or Volkswagen sufficiently air-conditioned) 100€ + parking fees.
* Night tour – (19.00 – 24.00) – Euro 75
* This price includes the services of an official local tour guide and all taxes.
* The expenses and the museum entrance fees are additional.
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend