Deir el-Bahari, literally meaning, The Northern Monastery is a complex of mortuary temples and tombs located on the west bank of the Nile, opposite the city of Luxor, Egypt. The first monument built at the site was the mortuary temple of Mentuhotep II of the Eleventh dynasty. The Colossi of Memnon (known to locals as el-Colossat, or es-Salamat) are two massive stone statues of Pharaoh Amenhotep III. For the past 3400 years they have stood in the Theban necropolis, across the River Nile from the modern city of Luxor.
Half day program:
- in the morning Pick up Time from your hotel.
- visiting 3 tombs in valley of the Kings .,recommended those of Ramsses III&RamssesIV and Ramsses IX
- temple of Queen Hatshepsut,see the trade expedition of Queen Hatshepsut to a foreign country,claims for her divinity and enjoy the scenery of her unique shape of her temple in three terraces
- workshop for alabaster artifacts (optional)
- the colossi of memnon then return to Hotel.
- back to the hotel.
Alternative Option: Luxor Overday Valley of Kings, Karnak, Luxor and Hatshepsut.
Pick up Time in the morning from your hotel or airport
Places to visit:
-Visiting 3 tombs in valley of the Kings, recommended those of Ramsses III & RamssesIV and Ramsses IX (Optional Tut Ankh Amon Tomb = extra ticket 80 L.E. per person).
- Visiting the temple of Queen Hatshepsut, see the trade expedition of Queen Hatshepsut to a foreign country, claims for her divinity and enjoy the scenery of her unique shape of her temple in three terraces.
- Workshop for alabaster artifacts (optional-free).
- Visiting the colossi of memnon then return to Hotel.At noon back in the hotel an hour rest or Lunch in a good restaurant (optional). In the afternoon.
- Visiting the temples of Karnak including its Great Hypostyle Hall, the sacred Lake ,Avenu of sphinxes, The Ston Scarab.
- Papyrus institute (optional free).
- Visiting the temple of Luxor. In the sun set back to the hotel.
- Optional (not included) sound & light show Karnak.
About This Supplier
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend