- Duration of the private Rome Tour Catacombs and Undergrounds:3 hours
- Start Time Private Tour: Morning Tour or Afternoon Tour: you can require whatever start time you like.
- Meeting Point: At the lobby of your hotel in Rome or to be decided at the confirmation
- Private expert guide
- Private chauffeured car (1-2 persons) or minivan (3-7 persons) with English speaking driver.
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fees to catacomb and church of approx 8 Euro per person per museum to be paid on site.
- More of 7 persons rates on request.
- Domitilla closed on Tuesday, San Callisto closed on Wednesday, San Sebastiano closed on Sunday.
Private car and Guide for your private Rome catacombs and undergrounds tour with our selected private guide that meet you at the lobby of your hotel in Rome and with a private chauffeured car at disposal.
The tour include a stop at one of the most famous catacombs in Rome, accordingly to the day of your tour and to the closing day of the catacombs of Domitilla or San Callisto or San Sebastiano. A tour of the catacombs of Rome offers a complete idea of the Christian community in Imperial Rome and of Catholicism in town between the 2nd and 9th centuries, this why until the 2nd century the Christians didn’t have their own cemeteries.
Then your private undergrounds tour of Rome continue with the visit of San Clemente Basil where you enjoy a travel back in the time visiting the medieval Church, with finest mosaics, built on the remains of a fourth century basilica and then descend to the older building, a pagan temple of the first century dedicated to the divinity Mithras.
Time permitting you can visit the Mamertine Prisons, considered the Rome's oldest prison and where, according to Christian tradition, Saint Peter and Paul were held prisoners.
About This Supplier
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend