Bratislava - The Ultimate Castle and Old Town Walk
Wonder at the Castle breathtaking views. Go round the Castle area accompanied by kings and queens. They fought and lived right here. Admire the blue Danube River 85 m/ 240 feet down there. Then enjoy a careful selection of the most beautiful sites of Bratislava Old Town district during a pleasant walk through the vivid and fascinating streets and squares of my town. Besides, learn about some most particular information about the everyday life in the capital now. Information on where to do the best shopping is included as well.
The walk usually starts at your hotel / meeting point on your request. There is an app. 10-15-min-walk up the staircases interrupted by two scenic stops. There is a possibility to adapt this walk to the needs of impaired /wheelchair participants and take a different route with no staircases (then + 20 min).
The 3-hour-walk includes following highlights:
- A sweeping view on the Danube River from the scenic terrace - you are 85 m/240 feet on a rock above the river.
- The ceremonial courtyard of the Castle - emperors were frequent guests here.
- The Castle Palace - a short walk around it shows you all hidden features
- The view of the Slovak Parliament - a typical architecture of the late 1980
- The most luxurious villa quarter - have a look at the most expensive villas.
- Picturesque views of Bratislava Castle from the Old Town
- The coronation church; St. Martin Cathedral
- The Old Town Hall; a picturesque Gothic-Renaissance building
- The Primate Palace; a jewel of the neoclassical architecture
- The Franciscan church and monastery; dating back to 1297
- The Royal Chamber; Noble Parliament; a pearl of Baroque era
- The Academia Istropolitana; the 1st university from the 15th century
- The town walls; impressive defensive construction from the 14th century
- The medieval Main Square; the market square for centuries
- A short walk along the Jewish quarter; called 2nd Jerusalem in the 19th century
- The Opera House; an enchanting Neo-Renaissance building
- The St. Michael Gate; a beautiful combination of Renaissance and Baroque architecture
- The Pallfy Palace; 6-year-old Mozart played the piano there
- And plenty of interesting stories about the past and present from a history lover and real town insider. And experience you will enjoy thoroughly!
About This Supplier
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend