Duration of the private Montalcino Tour and Montepulciano Tour from Florence: 9 hours
Departure Time: Morning: you can request whatever start time you like
Pick up and drop off point: At the lobby of your hotel in Florence
Days of the week: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
- Visit of the town of Montalcino
- Visit of the town of Pienza
- Visit of the town of Montepulciano
- Scenic drive through the lovely landscape of Tuscany countryside
- Time to taste good Montalcino and Montepulciano wines at some of many wine bars and shops of the area
- Time permitting, stop at the Abbey of Sant’Antimo, the beautiful Romanesque church not far from Montalcino.
- Private deluxe Mercedes car (1-3 persons)
- Private Minivan (4-8 Persons)
- Professional English speaking driver.
- Gratuities (optional)
- Wine tastings
- Meals and beverage
Montalcino Tour and Montepulciano Tour with departure from any village of Tuscany
Montalcino tour and Montepulciano tour to visit this Tuscany area, taste excellent wines, tour the cozy town of Pienza.
Tour Montalcino on your own walking through the streets of this charming hilltop town considered probably an ancient settlement since Etruscan times. In Montalcino you can taste the red wine Brunello that is produced exclusively with Sangiovese grapes in the vineyards surrounding the town of Montalcino.
On the way between Montepulciano and Montalcino stop for a walking tour to visit Pienza.
The town of Pienza was declared by the UNESCO in 1996, a World heritage Site. Pienza was the birthplace of Aeneus Silvius Picolomini, a renaissance humanist who became Pope under the name of Pius II and rebuilt the old village applying the humanist urban concept. The area in the surrounding of Pienza is famous for a cheese made with sheep milk: the Pecorino di Pienza, there is the opportunity to stop at a dairy farm to taste fresh and matured Pecorino cheese.
Tour of the town of Montepulciano that you can explore on your own and experience a visit to an historical cellar Le Cantine del Redi, under the main square of the town, ancient cellars dug into the tufa, that maintain in the centuries the old tradition of the city
About This Supplier
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend