From Nazareth through Cana of Galilee to the Sea of Galilee visit the sites: Mount of Beatitudes, Tabgha, Capernaum, Bethsaida and Kursi. Have a breathtaking view of the Sea of Galilee from top of the mighty Arbel cliff, in which caves the zealots who fought King Herod took shelter. Look at Hittin, where a whole crusader army was destroyed in a single battle. In Tiberias, the main town of the area, see the graves of Rambam (Maimonides) and other famous Jewish scholars and the remains of the ancient town.
Places of Interest:
- Mount Tabor: place of battle between Deborah the prophet and the Canaanites also place of Jesus' transfiguration.
- Ein Harod: the spring by which Gideon the judge chose his 300 warriors.
- Mount Carmel and the fight of Elijah the prophet against the false Baal prophets.
- Bahai gardens: Walk through the outstanding Bahai gardens in Haifa, take the beautiful panorama of Haifa bay and take a stroll through the pine woods of Mount Carmel.
- Tzippori (Sepphoris): Visit the magnificent remains of the rich town Tzippori (Sepphoris), residence of the Mishna scholars (200 C.E.), have the view of the entire lower Galilee from the top of its fortress and be impressed by remarkably artistic mosaic floors. Also tour the astonishing Jewish necropolis at nearby Beit She'arim, where these scholars found their final rest.
- Beit She'an: Witness the frightening powers of Mother Earth in Beit She'an, a major Roman/Byzantine city which collapsed and perished in the great earthquake of 749 C.E. Watch its finely restored streets, temples, markets, baths and amusement facilities. Visit nearby crusader castle Belvoir with its unique view over the entire Jordan valley.
Notes: 340$ for a full walking tour day or guiding in your vehicle. 530$ per day including a tourism vehicle (6-7 seater) and $570 for a 10 seater. Price includes guiding, vehicle, gas, overmilage (for 2 consecutive days and more) and no limitation of working hours. Note that in Jerusalem most of the tours are walking tours near the old city and there is no need for a vehicle.
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: Oct 2006
Client Request Served: 133
I was born in Israel in 1947 to immigrant parents from Germany and Canada. As a nature lover, I graduated Tel Aviv University in various fields of life sciences. I am a retired Chief superintendent (Leut. Colonel) from the Israel National Police. I am a licensed tour guide by the Ministry of Tourism since 1983, after...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend