Places of Interest:
- Mount Tabor: place of battle between Deborah the prophet and the Canaanites also place of Jesus' transfiguration.
- Ein Harod: the spring by which Gideon the judge chose his 300 warriors.
- Mount Carmel and the fight of Elijah the prophet against the false Baal prophets.
- Bahai gardens: Walk through the outstanding Bahai gardens in Haifa, take the beautiful panorama of Haifa bay and take a stroll through the pine woods of Mount Carmel.
- Tzippori (Sepphoris): Visit the magnificent remains of the rich town Tzippori (Sepphoris), residence of the Mishna scholars (200 C.E.), have the view of the entire lower Galilee from the top of its fortress and be impressed by remarkably artistic mosaic floors. Also tour the astonishing Jewish necropolis at nearby Beit She'arim, where these scholars found their final rest.
- Beit She'an: Witness the frightening powers of Mother Earth in Beit She'an, a major Roman/Byzantine city which collapsed and perished in the great earthquake of 749 C.E. Watch its finely restored streets, temples, markets, baths and amusement facilities. Visit nearby crusader castle Belvoir with its unique view over the entire Jordan valley.
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
US: , ext: 15222
Outside US, please use a number below and enter the extension "15222" when prompted:
UK: 01865 52 2588
Australia: 08 8121 5884
Note: If unavailable, leave a voicemail for the supplier to call you back.