A private tour of Lucca with your expert local guide permit you to see and hear the history and the importance of Lucca. Your private guide take you along the streets of Lucca to admire and visit highlights such as: the huge marble façade of Saint Michael's Church, the Romanesque Duomo of San Martino with its Volto Santo (Holy Face), the Torre Guinigi now a symbol of the town, Piazza Napoleon representing the political centre of Lucca, the elegant shops in Via Fillungo, the Roman amphitheatre.
The town of Lucca was the birthplace of the composer Giacomo Puccini. He wrote some of the most popular operas like: Tosca, Turandot, Boheme. The walled town of Lucca was founded by the Etruscans (there are traces of a pre-existing Ligurian settlement) and became a Roman colony in 180 BC, actually surrounded by defence medieval walls, dating back to the 16th century and considered the best preserved in Italy. On your private walking tour visits the rectangular grid of Lucca historical centre that preserves the Roman street plan, and the Piazza San Michele occupies the site of the ancient Forum. Traces of the amphitheatre can still be seen in the Piazza dell'Anfiteatro. Lucca became prosperous through the silk trade that began in the 11th century.
Still today, the walls that surround the old town of Lucca are wide enough to be used by all as a park.
- Duration of the private tour: 2 hours
- Start Time Private Tour:
* Morning Tour - you can require whatever start time you like
* Afternoon Tour - you can require whatever start time you like.
- Meeting Point: At the lobby of your Hotel in Lucca centre or to be decided at the confirmation
- Inclusion: Personal expert and licensed guide
- Exclusions: Gratuities (optional), admission fees to church and museums
More of 8 persons rates on request.
About This Supplier
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend