Enjoy your experience in Siena in a private walking tour gaining knowledge and appreciation as your personal expert licensed guide explains the history, the important buildings, the art, and the Sienese culture.
Your private tour of Siena with your private guide include the a visit to the Church of San Domenico also known as Basilica Cateriniana, one of the most important in Siena was founded by the Dominicans and it contains the relics of Santa Caterina, one of the two saints protector of Siena. Close to San Domenico there is Fonte Branda that was one of the city's principal sources of water in the Middle Ages. Your private walking tour continue along the historical streets of Siena admiring the Palazzo Salimbeni built in gothic style is now the headquarters of the bank Monte dei Paschi di Siena and Palazzo Tolomei one of the oldest in Siena. With your private guide you will learn the history and the traditions of Siena, in your walking tour you have the opportunity to visit a Contrada and reaching Piazza del Campo built in the beginning of the 1300's. Piazza del Campo is the principal public space in the historic centre of Siena and it is the place where the Palio race is held on July 2 and August 16 each year. In Piazza del Campo, situated in the heart of Siena, there is The Palazzo Pubblico with the frescoes of Lorenzetti, the Torre del Mangia, as well as various noble palaces surround the shell-shaped piazza. At the northwest edge of the square there is the Fonte Gaia, built in the Middle Age, the endpoint of the system of conduits bringing water to the city's centre. The visit to the magnificent cathedral of Siena, The Duomo, built in Tuscan Gothic style is a "must do" to complete your private guided tour. Inside the Duomo, the inlaid marble mosaic floor is one of the most ornate of its kind in Italy and the pulpit, made of Carrara marble, was sculpted between the end of 1265 and November 1268 by Nicola Pisano. In front the façade of Duomo stands the Ospedale of Santa Maria della Scala one of Europe’s oldest hospitals now a museum.
- Duration of the private tour: 2 hours
- Start Time Private Tour:
* Morning Tour - you can require whatever start time you like.
* Afternoon Tour - you can require whatever start time you like.
- Meeting Point: At the lobby of your hotel in Siena or to be decided at the confirmation
* Personal expert and licensed guide
* Gratuities (optional)
* Admission fees to church and museums
- More of 8 persons rates on request.
- To skip the entrance line we provide to reserve your tickets
- On request: private chauffeured car (1-3 persons) or minivan (4-7 Persons) with English speaking driver for departure from Florence, Lucca or Chianti countryside.
About This Supplier
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend