Tour will include a wide variety of shops that offer lush, hand painted, luxury and specialty yarns as well as the tried and true basics. Each tour is tailored to your group’s interests and will provide discounts at select shops. East Side /West Side - Uptown/Downtown Knitting Crawl Walkabout will get you to the most unique knitting shops, bead and trimming shops and galleries throughout Manhattan and then some. Visit the shops, meet the owners and perhaps even experience a workshop.
As we stroll through the neighborhoods you will also learn the history and the culture of these unique enclaves. Tours are led by a native New Yorker and avid knitter and will surely be a "real" New York experience. This tour is for knitters and sightseers alike! As we shop 'til we drop for the lush handpainted luxury yarns as well as the basics, we will visit:
- A knitting shop in the heart of the financial district that won't break the bank
- A knitting cafe
- A shop that is like an impressionist painting
- A fabulous bead shop
- A the quintessential NYC trimming shop
- A homey craft shop
- A zenlike studio
- Shops that are off the beaten path.
- Tour will be approximately 3 hours long-rain or shine
- Discounts arranged at several of the shops we visit
- A map of the locations is provided to all participants, and we can arrange workshops for private groups
- Recommended for visitors who want to experience New York from a different perspective.
About This Supplier
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend