Travel around the world in 80 minutes (more or less) as we taste our way along some of the most diverse streets of NYC. Named for one of the richest men in NY's history, Astoria is a living monument to its immigrant population past and present. Today it remains home to pianos, films and TV as well as great food. As we explore the restaurants,cafes and food shops this tour is a real international feast of 4 continents - a tribute to Astoria's diversity. Tastings will include Middle Eastern Pastry, Gelato (in season), Spanakopita (spinach pie), Colombian sweet bread, olives, feta (at least 2 varieties),award winning Pizza and Brazilian, Chilean and Asian specialties.
In addition to the food you will:
- Learn the history of this neighborhood that has been home to Italians, Greeks, Germans, Czechs, Southeast Asians, Middle Easterners, South Americans, Asians among others
- Stand on a Revolutionary War site
- Learn about the Steinway piano factory and "Company Town"
- Hear about Astoria's role in the film industry-Past and Present
- Walk through NYC's "largest department store"
- Visit a Hookah Cafe
- Learn fun facts about the residents, the neighborhood and more
The tour ends at the entrance of Bohemian Hall - where you may choose to raise a glass in NY's surviving beer garden.
Meeting Location: Astoria (Queens, NY, NY).
- Exact meeting location details will be provided immediately upon purchase of tickets
- Tour will be approximately 2 hours long - rain or shine.
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
US: , ext: 05120
Outside US, please use a number below and enter the extension "05120" when prompted:
UK: 01865 52 2588
Australia: 08 8121 5884
Note: If unavailable, leave a voicemail for the supplier to call you back.