Dates: from Friday June 29 to Tuesday July 3, 2012
Location: Montreal – Canada
A One-of-a-kind Language and Cultural Experience
Participants in this new “French and Jazz” program will have all their senses stimulated. Indeed, this unique experience will give them the opportunity to participate in a week of :
- Practical and interactive French courses,
- Jazz concerts at the Festival International de Jazz de Montréal (FIJM),
- Cultural and tourist activities in North America’s largest French-speaking city: Montreal,
- Gourmet outings exploring the foods and wines of Québec.
This program is designed for people aged 18 and above wanting to begin learning French, or to improve their French-language skills to allow them to travel confidently and independently in French-speaking countries.
Levels offered: Beginner / Elementary.
Course instructors are all university graduates (Master’s or doctoral level) specialized in teaching French as a foreign language (FFL). They have extensive experience teaching adults in an immersion setting. Although the use of French will be emphasized throughout the course, every member of Université du Québec Language School team can, if necessary, answer your questions in either English or Spanish.
Montreal International Jazz Festival
On the Festival’s opening night, your instructor will accompany you on a discovery tour of the immense Festival site, allowing you to practice the French you learned beforehand in class. This clever activity full of wit and humor will teach you about the Festival although it feels like playing a game. In addition to over 350 free outdoor concerts you may attend during your Montréal visit, we offer you one ticket to attend an indoor jazz concert of a big-name performer (selection of 5 artists; tba).
Guided Tour Of Old Montreal
Situated in the heart of Montréal, Université du Québec à Montréal is a few minutes’ walk from Old Montréal. On the bank of the majestic St. Lawrence River, Old Montréal is the city’s oldest neighborhood, boasting an architecture unique in North America. Its history, museums, art galleries and many cafes and restaurants welcome visitors. In summer, this lively area of town features street performers, artists and musicians. Our guided tour will unlock the mysteries of these alluring streets for you.
This summer, we offer you the opportunity to:
- Discover and enjoy Montreal, the bilingual city "par excellence" in the Americas, and one of the most cosmopolitan and safest places in the world,
- Get swept up in the frenzy of world-renowned festivals and sporting events that are rife throughout the city all summer long,
- Discover the great outdoors of the Province of Quebec and the warmth of Quebecers,
- Take part in a language and cultural program that gives you more for your money. Montreal is indeed a city that boasts one of the lowest costs of living compared to other major cities in Europe, the United States, or the rest of Canada.
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see Vacation Schools in: