A 1 or 2 weeks Spanish course of 4 lessons of 45 minutes per day from Monday to Friday (09.00 - 12.15 h) allows you to complement language study in the mornings with Tango dance classes in the evenings. This course can be extended to 24 weeks.
The Argentinian poet and composer Enrique Santos Discepolo referred to Tango as «un pensamiento triste que hasta se puede baila».
The passion for Tango emerged in late 18th century as a result of changing cultural and social influences in Buenos Aires and Montevideo. Today Tango is one of the most sought after dance styles in the world, and while a century ago Tango was a simple and popular dance among the poorer population of Latin America, nowadays it is a complex and fiery dance.
This program allows participants to dance the Tango in Granada, one of the most fascinating cities in the world. We offer you the chance to experience and learn both the practical skills of the Tango and the Spanish language. We provide the opportunity to complement your Spanish Course with Tango dance classes in collaboration with recognized and qualified dance teachers from Uruguay. There are classes at all levels, starting with beginners to more advanced levels. The Tango course consists of 4 classes of 60 minutes per week during 2 afternoons.
CONDITIONS: Classes are held from Monday to Friday, the school being closed on Saturdays and Sundays. The level groups have a maximum of 8 students. The minimum age of students is 16 years; students younger than 18 years need written authorization from their parents.
Starting dates for all levels of Spanish and Tango dancing: every Monday
Holidays without classes: 6 January, 3 April, 1 May, 4 June, 12 October, 2 November, 7 December. There are no Spanish classes on national and local holidays. These classes are not recoverable; except in the case of 1 week courses and Individual Courses.
Escuela Montalbán has been offering Spanish courses since 1986. Our Spanish school is located in Granada, one of the most fascinating cities in Andalusia, southern Spain. The Spanish courses are held throughout the year. The friendly atmosphere and personal touch in our Spanish classes and the Andalusian charm of Granada will make your language holidays an unforgettable experience. We are accredited by the Spanish Instituto Cervantes and a member of TANDEM International. The school is also a D.E.L.E. Examination Center.
A Spanish course in Spain: learning a new foreign language also means learning about a different culture and way of life. Every week we offer:
- Conferences concerning present-day topics of interest or Moorish culture.
- Film sessions dedicated to particular Spanish directors.
- Visits to the Arabic bath Hammam Al Andalus.
- Theatre and Flamenco concerts.
- Guided tours to the Alhambra or the old Moorish quarter of the Albaicín.
- Trips to villages in the surrounding area, or to the beach.
- Trekking and horse-riding in the Sierra Nevada.
- Practical cooking courses to learn about Mediterranean cuisine.
- Wine tasting.
- Oliveoil Tours to Nigüelas.
- Salsa Workshops.
- Tapa Tours.
- Guided walking tours in the historical city centre.
- Segway tours in Granada city centre.
- Music workshops at "Tetería La Fuga".
The school building with its Andalusian style, its friendly classrooms, and its beautiful courtyard retains much of the charm and intimacy of a family home. It is situated in a quiet location just ten minutes away from the city center.
10% discount for InfoHub customer. Request a free gift certificate.
The course price includes:
- Enrolment fee
- Administration costs
- Spanish course
- Tango Course
- Educational material (photocopies and textbooks)
- Certificate of attendance
- Information about Granada
- Free Internet access/WIFI
- Use of library and multimedia room
The course price excludes:
- Airport transfer
- Cultural programme in Granada
- Travel insurance
We offer the following accommodation options:
- Shared flats with Spaniards or other students from the school and with use of kitchen facilities (single / double rooms)
- Host family (single room / breakfast, halfboard or fullboard)
- Student Residence (single room / breakfast, halfboard or fullboard)
- Self catering apartment / Hotel** / Hostel
Enquirer for further information!
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: Oct 2001
Client Request Served: 120
Our school has been offering Spanish courses for students from all over the world in Granada, Andalusia since 1986.
The school building with its Andalusian style, its friendly classrooms and its beautiful »patio« remains much of the charm and intimacy of a family home. It is situated in a quiet location just ten...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see Vacation Schools in:
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend