Teaching and learning is not only about giving and receiving specific contents; learning a foreign language inside a different culture is a much more complex process that requires certain material, organizational and emotional conditions in order to be successful. Generating these conditions is our main concern.
Our school is a center specialized in Spanish for foreigners that combines both academic excellence and warmth of individualized education. Our school is not massive; on the contrary, it provides friendly personalized attention, in which the student will find answers to his/her own needs and interests.
Our programs are designed so that the student develops a communicative competence and knowledge of the language out of specially selected linguistic and cultural material and by constant interaction with the Cordobian society as a whole. For the immersion program, if you want to learn about a specific subject or field, whether professional, commercial, cultural or sport related, our school will provide the links with institutions or specialists.
The school is situated in a residential area, in one of the most prestigious neighborhoods of Cordoba. This is also one of the city areas more related to education, some of the best schools and an important private university are located here. Downtown is only a 20 minutes bus ride away. But the area has its own facilities, with many banks, shops, malls, restaurants, bars, pubs, cinemas and discos.
Our Spanish course is designed specially for foreigners; lessons are given in Spanish using the communicative approach (that is, language use in real life situations and context). These perspectives are central if we want the students to achieve four basic capabilities in the process of learning any language: listening and speaking, reading and writing.
Our courses are divided into five different levels, depending on the student’s previous knowledge of Spanish language.
In order to determine his/her level as well as his/her specific needs, on the first day, the student will be evaluated through an interview and diagnostic exam. Our basic program offers twenty group lessons per week, but students always have the chance to take individual lessons if so desired, or to alternate between both, group and individual.
Lessons are given from Monday to Friday, during the morning or afternoon, 4 hours a day.
Since the idea of the course is not only learning and perfecting the students’ Spanish but also promoting a full immersion in Latin American and Argentina, throughout the course students will be introduced to their host country’s culture in many different ways. This immersion will not only be supported in the classroom, but also through extra-curricular activities such as tango lessons, tours of historical and cultural sites, special interest courses and events.
Our school will give the students a certificate in which the length of the course, the amount of class hours and the level of Spanish attained will be detailed. Our school has an agreement with Blas Pascal University, in which our students may opt for a university certification of their studies.
- Short Course: You can take this course in group or individual lessons, achieving a first approach to Spanish or an improvement in your previous knowledge. Starting date - every Monday. Includes 20 group lesson hours a week, with the possibility of combining with individual lessons.
- Basic Course: Through this course you will achieve a first approach to Spanish or an improvement in your previous knowledge. A course of four weeks or more are recommended by our teachers to acquire enough knowledge of the language. Starting date - every Monday. Includes 80 hours of Spanish Classes (4 weeks / 4 hr. per day), group classes with the possibility of combining with individual classes.
- Full Immersion Course: This course brings you a different approach to Spanish, not only in the classroom but also in the constant interaction with native speakers. And it also provides you with an excellent opportunity to have different sport, tourist and cultural experiences.
- Tailor-made Group Courses: A program “that suits each group”. This course is given throughout the year, as long as there is a group of five or more students that request it. Our experience in these courses allows us to organize specific programs for universities, institutions, companies or friend groups with a particular interest. Groups can choose the amount of lesson hours, the program contents and the accommodation type. The teachers hired for these group lessons are specialized in the different subjects and study in deep the group's particular interests and needs.
- Spanish Course + Golf: Our school gives you the opportunity of learning Spanish along with playing golf. Cordoba has many golf courses, some of which are considered among the best in the country. They are located both in the city and the countryside.
Most of the golf courses have natural hazards, including creeks, ponds, woods and hills that are a real challenge for players. We offer you the chance to study Spanish from Monday to Friday in the mornings (the specific Spanish course you choose) and play golf in the afternoon three times a week.
- Spanish Course + Riding: Argentinean horses, horsemen, gauchos and polo players are known worldwide. Horses are a passion in Argentina’s countryside. We offer you the chance to study Spanish and learn or practice horseback riding. Our program includes Spanish course of your choice, horseback riding lessons and practice three afternoons a week with bilingual specialized instructors and other.
- Spanish Course + Tennis: Tennis, that has taken Argentina’s name to the first positions of international circuits, is a widely practiced sport in our country and our province. Cordoba, as a matter of fact, offers a diverse choice of courts. We offer you the chance to combine Spanish lessons with playing tennis. Our program includes Spanish course of your choice, tennis lessons and practice three afternoons a week with bilingual specialized instructors and other.
- Spanish Course + Argentinean and Latin-American art: Art is a structural element in culture, and many times people do not have aesthetic conscience of its manifestations and where they take place. Our Pre-columbine Culture and Art in Argentina and Latin America Seminar gives students a general overview of painting, sculpture and architecture’s evolution, history and basic elements providing the student an opportunity to enjoy the visual language and codes in the different historic contexts in which they were produced.
-Volunteer Work/Community Service
-Advanced Spanish for teachers
-And more: Cooking workshop, musical workshop, wine tasting.
- Argentinean families: This is perhaps the most ideal option for achieving a complete linguistic and cultural immersion. Certainly, some flexibility will always be necessary in order to get used to Argentinean customs and way of life. Host families have been very carefully selected and our school does a periodic follow-up to make sure that students do not have any problems during their stay. These are middle-class families whose homes are close to our school or within easy reach using public transportation.
- Student Residency: This option gives the student some more independence but also gives theme the chance to meet young Argentinean students. The apartments are fully equipped and furnished, and include a bathroom, kitchenette with a small fridge and microwave.
- Apartments: If you are looking for comfort, privacy and independence maybe your best choice is an apartment or a part hotel with private room and bathroom. These facilities have cleaning service, AC, sauna, Jacuzzi and gym.
- Hostel/Hotel: we offer the possibility to stay at Hostels located in the city student area –plenty of bars, restaurants, pubs, discos and night life.
About This Supplier
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend