A monoprint is a painterly one-off print whose characteristic is vibrant colors and effects unable to achieve in any other medium. Because of its simplicity, monoprinting is suitable for beginners stepping into the printmaking world, as well as for those with some experience who want to extend their knowledge into this easy yet sophisticated world of printmaking. Practical step by step demonstrations are followed by individual tuition and advanced techniques will be covered for the most experienced artist.
This workshop is characterised by direct mark making with several tools and different kinds of inks to build up an image of several color layers or one layer with color mixes.
- Characteristics of papers and inks
- Monoprints vs monotypes
- Working positively and negatively
- Direct trace drawing
- Chine collé
- Oil monotypes and watercolor monotypes
- Stencils, layering and composition
- Transfer methods (frottage)
- Patterns and embossments
- Mika and pigments.
- Language: English and Italian.
- Duration: two intensive days.
About This Supplier
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend