Art is a structural element in culture, and many times people do not have aesthetic conscience of its manifestations and where they take place. Our Pre-columbine Culture and Art in Argentina and Latin America Seminar gives students a general overview of painting, sculpture and architecture’s evolution, history and basic elements providing the student an opportunity to enjoy the visual language and codes in the different historic contexts in which they were produced. The course consists of four independent parts that can be taken separately or as a whole. Each part consist of a lesson and a full day visit to the historic sites representative of each artistic manifestation, some of which were declared Heritage of Mankind by UNESCO.
Short Course (1 or 2 weeks)
You can take this course in group or individual lessons, achieving a first approach to Spanish or an improvement in your previous knowledge. Includes:
- 20 group lesson hours a week, with the possibility of combining with individual lessons.
- General services.
Basic Course (4 weeks)
Through this course you will achieve a first approach to Spanish or an improvement in your previous knowledge. A course of four weeks or more are recommended by our teachers to acquire enough knowledge of the language. Includes:
- 80 hours of Spanish Classes (4 weeks/4 hours per day). Group classes with the possibility of combining with individual classes.
- General services.
Full Immersion Course
This course brings you a different approach to Spanish, not only in the classroom but also in the constant interaction with native speakers. And it also provides you with an excellent opportunity to have different sport, tourist and cultural experiences. Duration: 4 weeks. Optional: 8 to 12 weeks.
Tailor-Made Group Courses
A program “that suits each group”. This course is given throughout the year, as long as there is a group of five or more students that request it. Our experience in these courses allows us to organize specific programs for universities, institutions, companies or friend groups with a particular interest. Groups can choose the amount of lesson hours, the program contents and the accommodation type. The teachers hired for these group lessons are specialized in the different subjects and study in deep the group's particular interests and needs.
- Argentinean Families. This is perhaps the most ideal option for achieving a complete linguistic and cultural immersion. Certainly, some flexibility will always be necessary in order to get used to Argentinean customs and way of life. Host families have been very carefully selected and we do a periodic follow-up to make sure that students do not have any problems during their stay. These are middle-class families whose homes are close to our school or within easy reach using public transportation. The student will have his/her own room and will share bathroom and kitchen with the rest of the family. In addition two meals a day are included, usually breakfast and dinner; however there is always the option for the student to buy food and prepare his/her own meals.
- Student Residency. This option gives the student some more independence but also gives theme the chance to meet young Argentinean students. The apartments are fully equipped and furnished, and include a bathroom, kitchenette with a small fridge and microwave. They can be shared with another student if so desired. It does not include meals. The residency also has a swimming pool, a basketball court, paddle courts, a study room and a laundry room.
- Apartments. If you are looking for comfort, privacy and independence maybe your best choice is an apartment or apart hotel with private room and bathroom. These facilities have cleaning service, AC, sauna, Jacuzzi and gym. Breakfast is included.
- Hotel. There is also the option of booking rooms in hotels (from two to five stars) depending on the student’s choice.
All our teachers are Argentine, and their mother tongue is Spanish. They are University graduates, specialized and with a wide experience in teaching Spanish for foreigners. It is also important to note their high cultural level, which allows them to have a fluid relation with our students. Most of our teachers have also traveled abroad, and therefore they understand the situation, the needs and the cultural differences of foreigners. The school has a psychology department that guides teachers and allows them to evaluate possible interferences or difficulties that students may have during the learning process or their adaptation to a new social environment.
We will give the students a certificate in which the length of the course, the amount of class hours and the level of Spanish attained will be detailed. Our school has an agreement with Blas Pascal University, in which our students may opt for a university certification of their studies.
For those who take the full immersion course, our school offers an exclusive mentoring system that consists in the selection of a person that suits the student characteristics. This person will be in charge of accompanying the students during their stay, helping him/her to orientate around, offering different leisure activities and working as a link with other people form Cordoba.
There is also the option of taking tango lessons. Besides this activity, students can go to tango shows or to milongas (tango dancing clubs).
Free access to a Sport Club is one of the great advantages of our full immersion program. Tha Sports Club has sauna, solarium, gym classes, yoga classes among other things. During their stay the students will have free access to all the services provided by the Sports Club not only for relaxing and entertainment purposes, but also as an excellent opportunity to meet and interact with Argentine people of all ages.
During the weekends students will have a chance to rest and enjoy Cordoba city and its neighboring areas. On one hand, there is the option of a day in the countryside in an “Estancia”, on which you can enjoy different outdoor activities: horseback rides, trekking, typical food, etc.
The school is situated in a residential area, in one of the most prestigious neighborhoods of Cordoba. This is also one of the city areas more related to education, some of the best schools and an important private university are located here. Downtown is only a 20 minutes bus ride away. But the area has its own facilities, with many banks, shops, malls, restaurants, bars, pubs, cinemas and discos.
Our Spanish course is designed specially for foreigners, lessons are given in Spanish using the communicative approach (that is, language use in real life situations and context). These perspectives are central if we want the students to achieve four basic capabilities in the process of learning any language: listening and speaking, reading and writing.
We offer our students several services that make the offer more attractive and their stay a more comfortable, pleasant and safer one:
- Airport transfers (arrival)
- Free cafeteria in the school
- Free Internet access
- Free access to library
- Tourist informational pack
- Course certificate
- Historic heritage city tour
- 24 hours emergency phone
- Leisure, cultural and tourist activities adviser.
- Short course (group classes):
* 1 week, 20 hours: 145 $.
- Basic courses:
* 4 weeks, 80 hours: 545 $
* 8 weeks, 160 hours: 1085 $
* 12 weeks, 240 hours: 1630 $
* 16 weeks, 320 hours: 2170 $.
- Full Immersion Courses:
* 4 weeks, 80 hours: 1570 $
* 8 weeks, 160 hours: 3090 $
* 12 weeks, 240 hours: 4620 $.
- Latin American Art:
* Unit I: 100 $
* Unit II: 100 $
* Unit III: 120 $
* Unit IV: 120 $.
Joined InfoHub: Jun 2005
Client Request Served: 11
We are a school specialized in Spanish for foreigners that combine both academic excellence and warmth of individualized education. Our school is not massive; on the contrary, it provides friendly personalized attention, in which the student will find answers to his/her own needs and interests.
Our programs are...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see Vacation Schools in:
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend