Suitable for beginners and novices, this technique is one of the easiest ways to create a printing matrix without making use of chemicals. It is one of the most exciting innovations in printmaking as the physicality and immediacy of the process provide easy and accessible ways into printmaking with stunning results, by combining the freedom of collage with a range of inking techniques. This workshop introduces a whole range of approaches to collagraph printmaking including plate construction, basic and advanced inking-wiping, and printing techniques, and a range of other techniques to be used in combination with the production of collagraphs, such as drypoint, linocuts, use of pigments and Mika, stencils, layering, patterns, embossments and so on.
- Characteristics of papers and inks
- Collagraphs with various supports
- Plate making
- Printing with chine collé
- Oil inks and watercolor inks
- Stencils, layering and composition
- Patterns and embossments
- Mika and pigments
- Colour mixing and layers
- Inking and wiping
- Printing by hand and with a press.
- Language: English and Italian.
- Duration: One intensive day.