This intensive one-week course covers everything you need to know about painting in watercolour as well as help you explore how to fully utilize your imagination and dreams for subject matter. Your instructor and artist Colleen Corradi Brannigan, covers different techniques gradually with clear step-by-step demonstrations. Individual guidance and a very personal service ensures that students learn various techniques of watercolour painting with a hands-on approach. Classes take place indoors and outdoors in a stimulating and inspiring environment.
- Drawing, composition and colour theory - the colour wheel
- Colour mixes and colour tones
- Textural effects and brushwork skills (flat washes, graded washes, wet-in-wet, dry brushing, monochromatic painting, use of salt, etc)
- Fixing and changing unwanted results
- Discovering one's self through colour - abstract exercises guided by music
- Working from real life and working from photographs
- Exercises on perspective
- Introducing watercolor pencils
- Individual painting projects guided by your tutor
- Exploring the creative uses of watercolour working from life and in the studio
- Observation of works.
- One drawing pad
- Watercolor paper, 100% cotton, 280 or 300 gms
- Set of artists' quality watercolor paints, in tubes or pans
- 3 watercolor brushes, small, medium, large - best quality
- Plastic palette
- Paper towels
-Tissue or cotton rag
- Watercolor pencils (optional)
- Pencil and putty (kneadable) eraser.
Basic starter kits are available for those without supplies.
- Language: English and Italian.
- Duration: five intensive days from 9 am until 2 pm - this leaves plenty of time for exploring the surrounding area.