Morning classes are 4 skills: reading, writing, listening, and speaking. They also include grammar and phrasal verbs.
Afternoon classes focus on speaking. Conversation, discussion, and debate are some of the areas covered in these classes.
Levels of ESL:
- Lower Intermediate
- Upper Intermediate
- Placement Test: The placement test is given to students on their first day of class. Students are placed in a class level based on placement test scores.
- Achievement Test: This test is given every 6 weeks. Students can move to a more difficult class level if their achievement test score is high enough.
* Group ESL Programs: VIA group ESL programs consist of 3 hours of ESL instruction every morning, for 15 hours a week. Afternoons are free for students to explore Victoria, Vancouver Island, and surrounding areas, such as the Gulf Islands. These programs are perfect for students capable of traveling independently or have
pre-arranged guiding. Programs are from 1- 4 weeks and every student will receive a participation certificate. VIA is located in the centre of downtown and close to the harbour. It is a perfect place to begin shopping, sightseeing, and adventure excursions, such as whale-watching, fishing, and kayaking.
* ESL + Activities: ESL + Activities are perfect programs for groups who want 3 hours of English lessons in the morning and unique escorted activities in the afternoon. The combination of ESL and activities make these programs educational and exciting.
Standard activities: Include harbor tour, ice skating, Craigdarroch Castle, Royal BC Museum, train sightseeing tour to Nanaimo, China Town, kayaking, and BBQ party (seasonal). Choose from our standard programs or create your own program by choosing from the list of special activities.
Special Activities: Ski trips, whale-watching, sailing, windsurfing, scuba diving, Tofino, Gulf Island tours, Vancouver shopping and sightseeing, bungee jumping, sky diving, Ocean Sciences Center, Space Observatory, golfing, yacht cruising, etc.
* Complete Packages: Complete Activity packages include ESL, activities, homestay, medical insurance, bus pass, phone card, and all material fees. ESL + Activity packages include 3 hours of ESL every morning, a different activity every afternoon, and all meals and accommodation.
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend