Fuerteventura is the second largest of the Canary Islands and is located only 95km from Africa. It looks like one massive sand dune from the air with sublime beaches and hosts many world class breaks and surf. It has a warm climate which is cooled by Atlantic breezes, which helps those of us who come from milder climates. Fuerteventura is considered one of the best places in Europe for heavy, uncrowded waves. Waves are available all year-round and yes it is warm water surfing! As you can see from the photos, the water is green and blue, not grey and cold. Active's surf school visits different spots all over the island depending on the conditions, so be rest assured you are in safe and experienced hands.
Surf Equipment Notes:
- Swell teaching board
- Swell surfboards are extremely buoyant enabling beginners to catch waves easily and, due to the stability of the boards, standing for the first time is much easier.
- Swell boards are incredibly robust - in fact they are almost indestructible.
- Sizes: 7', 8', 9', 10'.
NSP Surfboards: With weight-reducing technological advances, the NSP boards represent fun for everyone. Modern shapes combined with E2 epoxy construction provides performance to progress with and epoxy durability that lasts. This combination is why NSP is considered the perfect first short board. Sizes: 6'4, 6'8, 7'2, 7'6, 7'10, 8'2.
Sunset Surfboards: Performance Shape. Shaped according to traditional surfboard design principles, the SUNSET soft board is not limited by its construction or materials. Thus, it is built to be ridden in small to powerful conditions. Stiff enough to ride. SUNSET’s unique board-within-a-board concept allows this soft board to have enough rigidity to be surfed on the face or down the line. Dual density EVA deck. High density, smooth finish rail panels to reduce chafing. Soft pebble texture EVA centre panel for traction and comfort. Sizes: 6'2, 8'
Our instructors have been surfing for over 22 yrs and know the island and sport like the back of their hand, excuse the pun, you are in safe hands! Contact us below to enjoy our surf camps, surf courses and surf lessons.
Our school in Fuerteventura is very social, there is a surf house and evening events happen 3 times a week. The kitesurf centre attracts surfers from all over the world, so you'll be sure to bump into some other surfers.
Surf Accommodation x 7 nights with breakfast, Choice of:
- Casa Quemadas - Apartrments - Self Catering: These apartments are located 50 metres from the sea and a popular coffee bars for surfing, you are also a short walk into the town for those wanting to get involved with all the nightlife. The apartments have everything you will need for your holiday. Although it is not a luxury apartment you do have all the facilities to relax in, even a roof top terrace with shower and sea view.
- Sol Y Mar - Surf House - Self Catering: Best described as a backpackers hostel. This surf house is very basic, no luxuries and no frills but down to earth and very social. It is ideally located near the nightlife, if your looking for something on a budget and planning to spend most of your time on the beach but want to meet other people then this is your place!
- Bristol Playa - 3* Plus Hesperia Hotel - Half Board: This is our option for the families! It is a great little complex, owned by a prestigious hotel chain that normally only offer complete luxury. Practically a 4* The Bristol Playa is well groomed and has all the facilities you would expect form a 4* resort. It has loads of character and is situated opposite Casa Quemadas.
- Surf Accommodation x 7 nights with breakfast
- Return airport transfer
- Daily lunch pack (6 days)
- 5 day surf course (20 hours)
- All equipment and transport
- Third party and public liability insurance.
Joined InfoHub: Oct 2009
Client Request Served: 9
M19800 is a UK tour operator. It was founded on a shared passion of adventure sports by two brothers. The aim was to create an adventure community of like-minded adventure sports enthusiasts and locations around the world that could offer the ultimate adventure sports holidays. We deliver holidays to 8 destinations in...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see Vacation Schools in:
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend