Our program, Spanish in the Rainforest, offers the unique opportunity to study Spanish in the Peruvian Amazon, in the Tambopata National Park.
Tambopata is internationally acclaimed as one of the most bio-diverse areas on earth. It is a green paradise, particularly famous for its monkeys, giant river otters, black caimans, capibaras, tapirs and hundreds of bird species. The Tambopata Reserve is also known for its great wildlife spectacle – the world´s largest known mineral clay lick is found here, where hundreds of parrots, macaws and parakeets congregate daily to lick the clay. Explore with us this wonderful lowland and learn also about the native people who live in small communities along the Tambopata River.
The Sandoval Lake is an exceptional place to observe a wide diversity of wildlife including macaws, parrots, gazelles, common kingfisher, caimans, turtles and giant otters.
The big Macaw´s clay lick is located on the left side of the Tambopata River. It is famous for its great wildlife spectacle and is considered as the biggest on the Peruvian Amazon, for hundreds of parrots, macaws and parakeets met there to feed on them. Tambopata National Park comprises of 1.5 million hectares of the Madre de Dios and Puno regions.
Group courses are offered in combination with excursions in the jungle with an experienced guide. Part of the conversation topics in class will be adapted to the environment and studying the ecology of the amazing tropical rainforest of Tambopata. Our teachers from Cusco will accompany students during the whole trip.
Plenty of jungle excursions. Studying nature and wildlife viewing. There is 900 hectares of land around the lodge that offers the enthusiastic explorer miles of trails to walk that traverse a variety of different habitats.
Our lodge is located approximately one hour by boat from Puerto Maldonado and is set in the beautiful rainforest beside the flowing Tambopata river. There are a total of 24 spacious bungalows with panoramic views and private bathrooms. The lodge is in a lovely environment and there is a large common room with a bar and a swimming pool.
- Enrollment fee 38 USD
- Change fee 38 USD
- Volunteer/internship fee 98 USD.
- Enrollment fee. Not included in the course prices. If you combine 2 different courses you will pay the enrollment fee only once
- Change fee. Administration costs for each change in your reservation after arrival
- Volunteer/internship fee. Part of this money will be used to donate to the project. Included in the volunteer program prices.
- Group course, 20 sessions/week, 6 nights of accommodation - 119 USD
- Accommodation, 20 sessions/week, 6 nights of accommodation - 145 USD
- Daily excursions with a professional guide, transfer to lodge, 20 sessions/week, 6 nights of accommodation - 400 USD.
- Minimum of six people required to run the program
- Program cannot be booked without accommodation and excursion package.
- The local flight Cusco – Puerto Maldonado.
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: Jan 2008
M17546 offers the enthusiasm of a relatively young agency, with the experience of our capable and professional staff. With our own offices in Cusco (Peru) and Buenos Aires (Argentina) and the Netherlands, we have been arranging every imaginable excursion and tour in South America, as well as Spanish Courses and...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Also see Vacation Schools in:
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend