Lima, the nation's capital and also called the City of Kings, boasts a rich cultural heritage and a modern urban mindset. The city has many diverse faces, from the vividly painted colonial construction in the downtown core, to the makeshift houses built on the dry rolling hills of the outskirts, to the new shopping plazas and bank towers. There is something for everyone in Lima.
UNESCO ranks the architecture as a world heritage site, gourmets rate the cuisine as one of the finest in the world and the vibrant music and arts scene makes for an exciting nightlife. There is always a museum to visit, an art gallery to see or a nightclub to go dancing. In addition, Lima is the natural springboard for the rest of your travels, it is centrally located on the Pacific coast and has road, train and air links to the rest of Peru and South America.
Our school in Lima is located in Miraflores, this district of the city is a wonderful place to begin to learn about the unique history and culture of the country. The main square of Miraflores, just a short walk from the school, is easy to find. Exploring the dozens of nearby restaurants, cafes, stores, parks and hotels is an interesting introduction to this unique city.
All our teachers are native speakers and professionals who are committed to giving students the richest possible experience of Peruvian culture and customs. They have been chosen because of their high quality teaching skills, their enthusiasm and their knowledge of Cusco and Peru. Coming from different countries in Latin-America they all took our teachers' training and participate in continuing education during their employment.
The standard program include four hours of either private or group instruction per day. The teachers co-ordinate the program to ensure that the grammar themes are further developed in the conversation classes. The conversation teachers are rotated weekly in order to give students the maximum exposure of varieties of spoken Spanish.
Activities included in all programs:
- Cusco airport pickup, transfer to accommodation
- Walking tour to some interesting sites in town
- Welcome dinner for all new students
- Peruvian cooking class
- Salsa class
- Music class
- Latin American movies
- Farewell gathering
- Daily lectures on Peruvian culture and society.
Our partner school offers a certified academic program in a friendly atmosphere. The intensive program exposes students to the Spanish language and Peruvian culture all day, every day. By attending intensive classes (and living with a Peruvian family for those who wish to do so), students have a unique opportunity for the fastest language learning possible. Our academic program is accredited by the Peruvian Ministry of Education. The school's size allows us to provide a properly structured learning program while guaranteeing individual attention for every student. Classes begin every Monday and have a maximum of five students. The friendly atmosphere has been a highlight for many of our former students.
- Enrollment fee 38 USD
- Change fee 38 USD
- Volunteer/internship fee 98 USD.
- Enrollment fee. Not included in the course prices. If you combine 2 different courses you will pay the enrollment fee only once
- Change fee. Administration costs for each change in your reservation after arrival
- Volunteer/internship fee. Part of this money will be used to donate to the project. Included in the volunteer program prices.
- Group course, 20 sessions/week, starting any Monday - 119 USD
- Individual course, 20 sessions/week, starting any Monday - 197 USD
- Best of both plus 5, 30 sessions/week, starting any Monday - 185 USD
- Best of both plus 10, 30 sessions/week, starting any Monday - 240 USD
- Individual (per session), min. 2 sessions, starting any Monday - 12.5 USD.
Joined InfoHub: Jan 2008
Client Request Served: 19
M17546 offers the enthusiasm of a relatively young agency, with the experience of our capable and professional staff. With our own offices in Cusco (Peru) and Buenos Aires (Argentina) and the Netherlands, we have been arranging every imaginable excursion and tour in South America, as well as Spanish Courses and...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see Vacation Schools in:
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend