A glimpse at the workshop and the weeks itinerary:
Arrange to arrive Saturday, February 4 from noon on, at Puerto Vallarta International Airport, where we will meet you and bring you to the Casa, (we drop you back at the airport following Saturday) . You will be shown to your private room, with balcony and wonderful views, settle in, refresh yourself - breath in the unique environment of the Boca and then, in the late afternoon, join other participants on the second floor of the Casa in the main dining and living area for a snack and to meet and greet one another.
We will have a short orientation and then at approximately 6:30 we will cross the river to have dinner at Ramones' Hauchinango ("Red Snapper") Restaurant, (this is a fishing village after all, though there are other things on the menu as well, to accommodate all varieties of diets). We dine on the beach with our feet in the sand as we become acquainted with one another and watch the sunset over the magnificent Bay of Banderas, waves lapping on the shore just a few yards away.
In this workshop Stan will do a demonstration every morning. Throughout the week our instructor will individually visit each student, so that you are assured individual attention. The fundamentals of good painting: drawing, understanding values, color, techniques and how to compose and design a painting will be demonstrated and discussed. Styles of painting, from realism to impressionism to abstraction will also be demonstrated and addressed.
Another gourmet meal is prepared and served by the Casa chef Ruby and her assistant at approx. 12:30 - 1 and after lunch is siesta till approximately 3 pm. This is your time, - work in the studio if you like or engage yourself in one of the myriad of additional activities available to you at the Casa.
In this particular workshop we will be doing some indoor studio painting in the Casa's magnificent 1000+ sq. ft. open air studio with panoramic vistas of the mountains, quaint fishing village, river and ocean. We will also be painting on location (plein air) both around the Boca and at the exotic locations our hosts will bring us, (included in the price of the trip). Students should come prepared to paint outside. Students are encouraged to bring photos (paper or digital images), of any paintings they have done for individual critiques from the instructor.
Students are also encouraged to bring 5 to 10 photos of subjects they might be interested in painting, some of these photos should be enlarged to approximately an 8" x 10" image. Stan will have handouts and painting projects for the days that we are in the studio, he will also be doing a short egg tempera demo. The workshop is geared toward all levels of students who work in water media. For your convenience, the Casa studio is open 24 hours.
- For Participants: 5 Workshop days - after breakfast to lunch, approx. 3 hrs. in the studio, then after lunch and siesta, 3 more hours of painting, and some evenings, (Sunday thru Friday). Friday is free time -spend it finishing some painting, explore, relax - and then a late afternoon/evening “critique” and “fiesta” celebrating participants work
The workshop ends with this critique/celebration of the participant/artist work
— More than 30 hours of Workshop time, (schedule is flexible to accommodate excursions)
- For Everyone:
* 7 nights accommodation (single or double occupancy -No extra charge for a single!)
* 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches and 6 dinners at Oceanside restaurants/all drinks included
* Painting, Lunch and tequila-tasting at mountaintop hacienda
* Puerto Vallarta excursion for gallery walking tour, shopping & city life
* Boat Trip to explore the gorgeous coastline with opportunity to see whales, dolphins, giant mantas/optional snorkeling at Los Arcos National Coral Reef Park, then on to a fabulous picnic at an exotic secluded beach (bring your camera and sketch book!)
* Round trip ground transportation from P.V. airport to Casa.
- Round trip airfare from your city to Puerto Vallarta International Airport
- Expenses for personal items
- Gratuities for the Casa cooks and house care persons.