The Learn Together program is designed for those wishing to learn Spanish with their children; it allows both the parent and the child to learn at the same time at the school. The parent and child both learn Spanish separately, but some time is spent together with their teachers each day, creating a closer bond, as not only the language is explored, but the culture and fun of Guatemala as well.
This program entails three hours of individual study per day, Monday through Friday, for both the child and parent, with one extra hour devoted to learning together with their teachers. Three times per week, after the daily lessons, a teacher accompanies you and your child on activities of your choice. Another two days may be spent with the regular group activities if desired. The program is for one adult and one child, however additional adults and children may be added for a surcharge.
The Learn Together program is also for those adopting Guatemalan children and who wish to learn Spanish while their child learns English. This program is for four hours per day, Monday through Friday, for the child and parent, with one of these hours devoted to learning together with their teachers. Extra lessons are possible, and childcare is also available for a nominal fee. Advanced reservations are required for this variation.
What makes M05243 different from the other schools? M05243 is one of the highest rated schools in Guatemala, with a history of returning clients. There are many reasons for this, and that set our school apart from the rest.
What sets us apart:
- Full page newspaper articles about us, references from ambassadors, teachers, and tour operators
- A professional multilingual staff, with a policy of 100% catering
- Specially trained teachers (our own teacher training program – we pick the best)
- Apartments and private rooms, right on the school grounds, a large colonial estate
- Internet and Wi-Fi in all apartments and rooms – free of charge to our students
- Our own Internet café, with laptop and desktop computers – also free of charge
- Laundry and optional meal service, right at the school
- Our own travel service, free of charge to our clients
- Child care services
- Specialized courses such as: Medical, Legal, Business, Diplomatic & Academic
- Special programs unique to our school, such as the All-inclusive & Fun & Sun
- Free daily activities; special optional weekend trips to areas of interest
- Ratings of 95% from students – “very good” or better in all areas. Take a look at our feedback.
- Accredited by the Ministry of Education, INGUAT the tourist commission, and arrangement with a local university for academic credit.
Through special arrangement with the Universidad Rural, academic credit is available to our students. Although the credits are general, lessons can be custom-designed around the student's needs, and a certificate issued stating satisfactory completion of a specific area of study. Some examples would be: Legal Terminology Spanish, Medical Spanish, Latin American Literature, Mayan Studies, etc.
There is a wide range of activities offered by our school, and your teacher or the administrative staff arranges everything. The activities are a good way to break up the day and to actively participate in Guatemalan life. They are also a good way to practice your Spanish! Some of the activities offered:
- Movies in Spanish, with English subtitles
- Dance lessons (Salsa, Meringue, etc.)
- Soccer matches
- Bicycle tours in Antigua, neighboring towns and villages. Visits to museums within and outside Antigua.
- Tours to ruins, coffee plantations, and silver factories. Observe Mayan rituals.
- Discussions on Guatemalan history, holidays, and culture. Seminars in Spanish on specific topics Horseback riding and hiking (if you would like to participate in this activity, please inquire in the Antigua office for costs and availability).
The school arranges weekend excursions to places such as Lago de Atitlan (a majestic lake ringed by volcanoes), Chichicastenango (a huge market town), and Volcan Pacaya (an inactive volcano). Teachers can go along on these trips, at student's request for additional fee! Frequency for these special activities depends upon demand.
– shared bath: $100 per week, $400 per month, $20 per night
– private bath: $150 per week, $575 per month, $25 per night
- Studio: $175 per week, $675 per month, $35 per night
- Casita (share kitchen): $275 per week, $950 per month, $40 per night
- Casita 2 bedroom: $450 per week, $1200 per month, $60 per night.
- 2 people: same price!
- 3+ people: $25 per week extra for each person over two staying in the same apartment
- Home stay (includes three meals per day, six days per week):
* $85 per week, $15 per night
* $110 per week with private bath, $20 per night
* $150 per week only student in the house
* $100 per week home stay only – no lessons taken at M05243
- House (includes three meals per day, six days per week):
* $95 per week, $15 per night
* $120 per week with private bath, $20 per night
* $100 per week student house only – no lessons taken at M05243.
Teacher-stay: $150 per week (includes three meals per day, six days per week & up to 10 weekly hours of private tutoring).
- For all school lodging students will receive a large discount for stays of three months or longer.
- On-site (at school) lodging
- NOW DISCOUNTED FOR MAY, & AUGUST-NOVEMBER! Contact us for June & July rates.
- All include maid, laundry and Internet service, as well as all utilities and 24-hour access to Internet café. Two people stay for the price of one!
10% discount for InfoHub customer. Request a free gift certificate.
Each week: $275 ($350 if English lessons are taken)
+ $125 for each additional child or adult added to the program
+ $100 for each additional child or adult, if two or more study together with one teacher.
Joined InfoHub: Jul 2005
Client Request Served: 34
Learn Spanish at M05243 Spanish School in Antigua, Guatemala, Central America, the premier and unique school in Antigua. Besides traditional home stays options, we offer apartments and rooms right at the school. Also onsite is free and unlimited Internet in our own Internet cafe, laundry and travel services. Our school...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see Vacation Schools in:
Central America and Caribbean
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend