The summer program is similar to the semester study, except that it lasts for eight weeks. This option is popular with teachers and travelers, and college students looking for academic credits.
Payment may be made in US Dollars or Guatemalan Quetzals, or in advance by bank transfer for a $15.00 fee. We do NOT accept Euros. USA clients may deposit directly into our Chase account at a local branch, for no fee. Payment need not be made before you begin classes, except for groups or certain deposits such as for apartments, and there is no reservation fee. Credit card payments are also accepted for a 5% surcharge via Pay Pal.
Discounts are available for those studying for longer periods of time. Please contact us! Unlike most other schools, we offer the possibility of a refund and changes can be made anytime. Reservations are always confirmed on your arrival date. Bank transfers and credit card payments, however, guarantee that your specific spot and lodging assignment will be held in case of need of arrival on a different date.
*Note: Some activities come with a small transportation or entrance fee.
- Private transportation Guatemala City-Antigua: $40 each way
* Each additional person: $10
- Academic credit: $75 for each credit applied for (minimum 2 credits)
- Babysitting: $95 per week, + $20 per week for each additional child (includes 20 hours of care; add $20 for every additional 5 hours)
- Pre-school: $350 per month
- Meals (only) at family: $70 per week (3 meals per day, 6 days per week)
- Room (only) at family: $70 per week
- Meals (only) at school:
- $6 per meal
- $45 per week (2 meals per day, Monday – Friday)
- M05243 issued certificate: Free. If requested after departure, a $20 fee will apply
- Teacher for one day: $75 per day. Student must pay for lunch. For overnight trips, student must pay for private hotel room, and three meals per day plus a $25 per night surcharge.
What makes M05243 different from the other schools? M05243 is one of the highest rated schools in Guatemala, with a history of returning clients. There are many reasons for this, and that set our school apart from the rest.
- A professional multilingual staff, with a policy of 100% catering
- Specially trained teachers (our own teacher training program – we pick the best)
- Apartments and private rooms, right on the school grounds, a large colonial estate
- Internet and Wi-Fi in all apartments and rooms – free of charge to our students
- Our own Internet café, with laptop and desktop computers – also free of charge
- Laundry and optional meal service, right at the school
- Our own travel service, free of charge to our clients
- Child care services
- Specialized courses such as: Medical, Legal, Business, Diplomatic & Academic
- Special programs unique to our school, such as the All-inclusive & Fun & Sun
- Free daily activities; special optional weekend trips to areas of interest
- Ratings of 95% from students – “very good” or better in all areas. Take a look at our feedback.
- Accredited by the Ministry of Education, INGUAT the tourist commission, and arrangement with a local university for academic credit.
Through special arrangement with the Universidad Rural, academic credit is available to our students. A minimum of 50 hours of Spanish lessons must be taken, after which an exam will be given. Upon successful completion of the exam and payment of fees, credits are awarded. The cost for the exam and consultation is $130 per two credits, with a minimum application requirement of two credits. Credits may only be taken in even increments (2 credits, 4 credits, etc.).
It is up to each university to decide whether to accept the credit issued by Universidad Rural. Rural works with the student's university in case of any difficulties. Although the credits are general, lessons can be custom-designed around the student's needs, and a certificate issued stating satisfactory completion of a specific area of study. Some examples would be: Legal Terminology Spanish, Medical Spanish, Latin American Literature, Mayan Studies, etc.
There is a wide range of activities offered by our school, and your teacher or the administrative staff arranges everything. The activities are a good way to break up the day and to actively participate in Guatemalan life. They are also a good way to practice your Spanish! Some of the activities offered:
- Movies in Spanish
- Dance lessons (Salsa, Meringue, etc.)
- Soccer matches
- Bicycle tours in Antigua, neighboring towns and villages. Visits to museums within and outside Antigua.
- Tours to ruins, coffee plantations, and silver factories. Observe Mayan rituals.
- Lectures on Guatemalan history, holidays, and culture. Seminars in Spanish on specific topics Horseback riding and hiking (if you would like to participate in this activity, please inquire in the Antigua office for costs and availability).
- There are some costs for transportation or entrance fees for some of the activities. The costs are generally between $1.30 - 5.50 per activity outside the school. There are only 1 -2 of these activities per week.
- Activities can change due to availability and time of year.
We also have a variety of bicycles for adults and children for rent at low cost to our students!
The school can make recommendations for weekend excursions to places such as Lago de Atitlan (a majestic lake ringed by volcanoes), Chichicastenango (a huge market town), and Volcan Pacaya (an inactive volcano). Teachers can go along on these trips, at student's request for additional fee! Frequency for these special activities depends upon demand.
– shared bath: $100 per week, $400 per month, $20 per night.
– private bath: $150 per week, $575 per month, $25 per night.
- Studio: $175 per week, $675 per month, $35 per night
- Casita (share kitchen): $275 per week, $950 per month, $40 per night
- Casita 2 bedroom: $450 per week, $1200 per month, $60 per night.
- 2 people: same price!
- 3+ people: $25 per week extra for each person over two staying in the same apartment.
- Home stay (includes three meals per day, six days per week):
* $85 per week, $15 per night
* $110 per week with private bath, $20 per night
* $150 per week only student in the house
* $100 per week home stay only – no lessons taken at M05243
- House (includes three meals per day, six days per week):
* $95 per week, $15 per night
* $120 per week with private bath, $20 per night
* $100 per week student house only – no lessons taken at M05243.
Teacher-stay: $150 per week (includes three meals per day, six days per week & up to 10 weekly hours of private tutoring).
- For all school lodging students will receive a large discount for stays of three months or longer.
- On-site (at school) lodging
- Now Discounted For May, & August-November! Contact us for June & July rates.
- All include maid, laundry and Internet service, as well as all utilities and 24-hour access to Internet café. Two people stay for the price of one!
- Eight weeks: $950.
- $75 surcharge for lessons in the mornings instead of afternoons.
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: Jul 2005
Client Request Served: 34
Learn Spanish at M05243 Spanish School in Antigua, Guatemala, Central America, the premier and unique school in Antigua. Besides traditional home stays options, we offer apartments and rooms right at the school. Also onsite is free and unlimited Internet in our own Internet cafe, laundry and travel services. Our school...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see Vacation Schools in:
Central America and Caribbean
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend