One-day photography short course in which you learn to use the options of your digital camera in a great outdoor setting.
Saturday 8 December
Saturday 22 December
Saturday 29 December
Price: 87,50 euro per person
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Other days (and locations) available on request.
- Basic settings of your camera: speed, aperture, white balance and ISO values
- Using the histogram
- Difference between jpeg and raw files
- How to handle your camera in a great outdoor setting
- Introduction to editing and presenting your photos.
It will enable you to decide in which situations to use your automatic camera settings and in which you should use your manual settings in order to take great pictures. Photo shoots on different locations are combined with discussing and viewing the results.
Your photography instructor is Anton Harfst, a professional photographer specialized in outdoor and storytelling photography. He lives and works in Amsterdam and in Sparta, Greece.
"Originally trained as a language teacher, I have become a photographer and photo editor. My pedagogical education suits me perfect. No workshop participant is the same. Guiding enthousiastic photographers is a rewarding job."
We can combine the photo workshops with visits to places of your interest, and/or give you information about great sights in Amsterdam.
The workshops are mainly held outdoors. We view photos either at our office in the south of Amsterdam (in the famous neighbourhood the Pijp) or in our workshop accommodation close to the Vondelpark.
- Price includes coffee and tea (at our premises)
- Minimum cost is for scheduled workshops and for workshops upon request with 4-6 participants.
- An individual 1-day workshop costs 250 euro.
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see Vacation Schools in:
Photography and Film Workshops