Our cooking classes are very hands-on. They are taught in Italian and English, and you will acquire a smattering of culinary Italian. Our friendly teacher will guide you through the preparation of simple but delicious Italian recipes (from Umbria and from other Italian regions) and reveal some of their culinary secrets and the quality of healthy food. Groups are small (maximum 9/10 people), so that everyone gets a chance to try their hand at the techniques, from making fresh egg pasta dough to discover the glamour of spelt and lentils.
The M21256 is a non profit organization, set up to develop over several years a number of medium and long term cultural programs for the upkeep, promotion and enhancement of the cultural richness of this artistic heritage of the Umbria Region, the Villa Pianciani Monumental Complex, designed by architect Giuseppe Valadier and located in Terraja (Spoleto). The historic and artistic merit of both the Villa complex and the park have been officially recognized by the National Commission for Italy's Cultural Heritage. The Association's main objectives is to develop the historical location into a cultural and educational centre which main interests are the Arts, the environment (landscape architecture, organic farming, historical gardening and biodiversity) and the healthy nutrition of Italy (cooking and researches on healthy nutrition).
Wine tasting and olive oil tasting. Biking in the longest cycle track in Europe Spoleto-Assisi. Rafting in Val Nerina and other sport as paragliding, canyoning, hang gliding, horse riding, mountain biking, trekking, orienteering and survival. Umbria offers an exceptionally varied and meaningful cultural experience, the Spoleto Festival (June July) festival in Spoleto, Todi (August –September) and Perugia Umbria Jazz (July). Every village, even the tiniest hamlet, has beautiful artifacts and historical monuments. The distances are usually short and most interesting places are reachable from the Villa within an hour: 9 km to Spoleto. 15 km to Montefalco, Trevi to 21 km, 32 km Spello, Assisi 40 km, 44 km Todi, 60 km Perugia, 87 km Orvieto. Rome (130 km), Florence (212 km) and Perugia are easily reachable by train from Spoleto; the railroad station can be reached in about 15 minutes by car from the Villa.
- Internet connection WIFI,
- Swimming pool,
- Billiard Room,
- Honesty Bar,
- TV Living Room (Satellite TV) and Playing cards and Reading rooms,
- HiFi music room.
10% discount for InfoHub customer. Request a free gift certificate.
Half week - 20 hrs workshops, (4 nights):
- €500 per person in double room in the “Old Kitchen” or “Diamonds House”. Supplement one person using double room, dep. on availability €160.
- €650 p.p. in double room in “Villa Pianciani “main house. Single room supplement, dep.on availability €80; supplement one person using a double room, dep. on availability €160. Full week 25 hrs wks, (7 nights)
- €850 p.p. in double room in the “Old Kitchen” or “Diamonds House”. Supplement one person using double room, dep. on availability €240.
- €1050 p.p. in double room in “Villa Pianciani” main house. Supplement (dep. on availability) for one person using a double room, €420. Single room supplement, €140.
- workshop facilities,
- teaching fees,
- accommodation in double room,
- lunches and 3 dinners with set menu and wine.
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: May 2012
Client Request Served: 2
M21256 organizes a series of international residential workshops and seminars (on visual arts, environment and nature, cooking, food and nutrition and yoga and neighborhoods) are taught by experiened teachers. The Main Villa, the historical park surrounding the Villa, the " Old Kitchens Building" and the...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see Vacation Schools in:
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend