A 1 or 2 weeks Spanish course of 4 lessons of 45 minutes per day from Monday to Friday (09.00 - 12.15 h) allows you to complement language study in the mornings with a ceramic tile painting workshop during one afternoon.
Granada is renowned for the quality of its ceramic tiles which decorate houses and courtyards. The Nasrid Palaces of the Alhambra are examples of the beauty of Andalusian culture. This decorative art is one of the legacies of Moorish times and has become a sign of identity of our city. In a 3 hour class you will learn how to hand-paint ceramic tiles under the guidance and inspiration of a local ceramicist with many years of experience. She will help guide your technique and discuss with you the design you wish to follow. At the end of the class she will assist you with the glazing of the tile, prior to the firing in a special kiln. The tile you paint allows you to give free rein to your creativity: paint a tile and take it home with you as a unique souvenir from Granada.
Conditions: Spanish lessons are held from Monday to Friday, the school being closed on Saturdays and Sundays. The level groups have a maximum of 8 students. The minimum age of students is 15 years; students younger than 18 years need written authorization from their parents. The ceramic tile painting workshop is a programme for 1 or 2 students.
Starting dates for all levels of Spanish and ceramic tile painting: every Monday
There are no Spanish classes on national and local holidays. These classes are not recoverable; except in the case of 1 week courses and Individual Courses.
M08814 has been offering Spanish courses since 1986. Our Spanish school is located in Granada, one of the most fascinating cities in Andalusia, southern Spain. The Spanish courses are held throughout the year. The friendly atmosphere and personal touch in our Spanish classes and the Andalusian charm of Granada will make your language holidays an unforgettable experience. We are accredited by the Spanish Instituto Cervantes and a member of TANDEM International. The school is also a D.E.L.E. examination center.
A Spanish course in Spain: learning a new foreign language also means learning about a different culture and way of life. Every week we offer:
- Conferences concerning present-day topics of interest or Moorish culture.
- Film sessions dedicated to particular Spanish directors.
- Visits to the Arabic bath Hammam Al Andalus.
- Theatre and Flamenco concerts.
- Guided tours to the Alhambra or the old Moorish quarter of the Albaicín.
- Trips to villages in the surrounding area, or to the beach.
- Trekking and horse-riding in the Sierra Nevada.
- Practical cooking courses to learn about Mediterranean cuisine.
- Wine tasting.
- Oliveoil Tours to Nigüelas.
- Salsa Workshops.
- Tapa Tours.
- Guided walking tours in the historical city centre.
- Segway tours in Granada city centre.
The school building with its Andalusian style, its friendly classrooms, and its beautiful courtyard retains much of the charm and intimacy of a family home. It is situated in a quiet location just ten minutes away from the city center.
10% discount for InfoHub customer. Request a free gift certificate.
- Enrollment fee
- Administration costs
- Spanish course
- Educational material (photocopies and textbooks)
- Ceramic tile painting workshop during 1 afternoon per week; a tile as a souvenir
- Certificate of attendance
- Information about Granada
- Free Internet access/WIFI
- Use of library and multimedia room.
- Airport transfer
- Cultural activities in Granada
- Travel insurance.
We offer the following accommodation options:
- Shared flats with Spaniards or other students from the school and with use of kitchen facilities (single / double rooms)
- Host family (single room / breakfast, halfboard or fullboard)
- Student Residence (single room / breakfast, half board or full board)
- Self catering apartment / Hotel** / Hostel.
Enquirer for further information!
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: Oct 2001
Our school has been offering Spanish courses for students from all over the world in Granada, Andalusia since 1986.
The school building with its Andalusian style, its friendly classrooms and its beautiful »patio« remains much of the charm and intimacy of a family home. It is situated in a quiet location just ten...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Also see Vacation Schools in:
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend