- 15 hours language tuition per week (lessons held each weekday morning 09:30-13:00)
- minimum of 2 afternoon excursions per week (usually Tuesday and Thursday 14:30-18:00)
- 1 full day excursion on Saturday (usual departure time: 11:00 / 12:00-18:30)
- minimum of 3 afternoon activities (14:30-18:00) & evening activities/games/videos/SKY TV (20:00-22:00)
- monitored assignments each week
- small classes, usually 3, a maximum of 12 (depending on the season)
- welcome pack
- photocopied course materials
- daily collection from accommodation to place of study & return
- prizes & certificates for competitions
- free sports equipment
- certificate of attendance
- free internet access.
- Directors: John Hymus MA (Cantab) and Pauline Hymus (MA)
- Staff: We have 4 permanent language teachers and other personnel are recruited at peak times as needed.
- All Year Round Courses, these consist of three terms a year, a student can come for one, two or three school terms, each school term is 12 weeks long. A student can come for longer than one year and the school caters to all language levels.
- Short Refresher Courses - for those who cannot attend a longer course we offer shorter refresher courses of a minimum 2 week duration.
- Private Tuition - The most effective way to prepare for a Cambridge or the IELTS exam. One-to-one coaching; maximum personal attention; intensive, person centred tuition. High pass rates because our teachers really do care.
Typical excursions might include:
- visits to Conwy and Caernarfon castles
- Snowdonia National Park
- beaches in Anglesey
- Roman city of Chester
- Liverpool and the Beatles Museum
- National Trust country estates
- Bodnant Gardens
Typical activities during each course might include: golfing, tennis, 10-pin bowling, boat rides, volleyball, basketball, beach bonfires, bar-b-ques, laserquest, swimming, hiking, mini-golf, fun fair, banner-making, ice-skating, sand-castle competitions, beach wide-games, talent shows, table tennis, snooker, pool, football table, football etc.
For a small extra charge: optional activities might be visits to the cinema, theater, concert, horse-riding, canoing, white water rafting, pottery making etc.
For an extra charge: optional trips might be made to Cambridge, London, Oxford, York, Dublin in Ireland.
The school has occupied a large Victorian house 100 meters from the sea since its inception and this has been used for offices, student accommodation and language classrooms. There is also a separate language facility in Rhyl town center.
- language tuition
- full-board accommodation
- excursions and extra activities.
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: Nov 2006
Client Request Served: 19
M15324 offers English language tuition. M15324 traces its origin to student exchanges made with Germany in the 1960's. Then family hospitality and care was offered to international students coming to the UK for informal English exposure in the 1980's & 1990's. M15324 was officially formalised in 1994...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see Vacation Schools in:
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend