Not all tennis camps are the same! Selecting the right camp really can provide “summers that last a lifetime” if it’s done correctly. We have developed and refined a world-renowned summer tennis program second to none. Combining the very best in supervision with quality instruction and fun-filled, non-tennis activities has become our trademark. This will truly be a unique experience for new and returning campers alike!
- Small group instruction with stroke development, strategy sessions and drilling.
- A singles and doubles development program with on-court demos by senior staff and developmental and competitive drills.
- The development of a plan to enable students to achieve their goals while at camp.
- Private lessons.
- Singles, doubles, and team tennis tournaments for different age groups and ability levels.
- Extra help sessions for students desiring additional work.
- A journal documenting student's daily tennis activities and improvement.
- End of camp evaluations and recommendations for a student's continued improvement are provided to campers.
- Specifically designed conditioning program.
- Mental toughness workshop - learn how to play at the top of your game, get that 2nd serve in on big points, stop losing matches due to nervousness and "choking", win the "close ones"!
Discover the difference we make in our summer tennis camps!
Our tennis is co-directed Troy Porco of Univ. of Virginia and Peter Miller of Stonehill College. The rest of our staff our college players from either Division I, II or III schools that have a passion for teaching the game of tennis to young people.
Summer evenings are a time to relax, socialize, and have fun. We have planned an impressive schedule of "just for fun" activities including capture the flag, karaoke, additional tennis options, dancing, pizza and birthday night, Ice Cream Social, and more! Activities may vary depending on site.
Campers attending multi-week sessions will have the occasion to attend one-day, supervised excursions at a variety of locations on Saturday and Sunday. This is a wonderful opportunity to experience what Virginia and surrounding areas have to offer while reinforcing the friendships built during the week’s activities.
These excursions might include:
- King’s Dominion
- Busch Gardens
- WaterCountry USA
- White water rafting
- Siteseeing in Washington, DC.
Students are housed in university dorms on the historic grounds of the University of Virginia. Our residential staff acts as big brothers and sisters to students, yet also provides supervision and mentoring. Living in a dorm is a great way to meet new friends, have fun, and learn how to live in a group setting. Since most students come to the program not knowing anyone, each is assigned to a dorm group to facilitate meeting other campers. Each floor has its own Residential Advisor - experienced in residential life - and a better than four to one ratio of students to staff. This system was designed to ensure student safety, the absolute best supervision, and a feeling of friendship and interaction among students and staff.
Roommates are assigned according to age and we make every effort to honor roommate requests. Two students share a dorm room although occasionally a student will be assigned to a single room. The rooms are comfortable with beds, desks, bureaus and closet for each student along with a mini-refrigerator in each room. The residents' lounges are a great place to meet, play ping-pong or watch a movie. Right outside the dorms are open areas for throwing a Frisbee around, playing some soccer, talking with friends and other activities. A large part of the program occurs at and around the dorms where friends, socializing, and memories flourish. The university housekeeping staff cleans the common areas each day - you are responsible for keeping your own room clean.
- The cost quoted above is for one week of tennis camp at the University of Virginia.
- Additional fees may apply if staying multiple weeks and spending the weekend.
- There are also may be additional refundable and optional fees depending on the program.
- Please contact us for details.
Joined InfoHub: Mar 2007
Client Request Served: 26
Positioning students for success since 1975. Whether preparing academically for that choice college, climbing a tennis ladder or playing competitive golf a specially designed camp program is available.
Located on the University of Virginia’s historic campus in Charlottesville; M16105 offers several co-ed camps,...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see Vacation Schools in:
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend