- Spanish for Beginners
- Basic Spanish I and II
- Intermediate Spanish I and II
- Advanced Spanish I and II
Before starting your Spanish Course we will send you a placement test which helps us to find the right level for you. It is very important for us that we get this test back at least 5 days before your course begins.
There are three intensities to choose from. What is the difference?
- Intensive Spanish course: 4 lessons daily (45 minutes each) from Monday to Friday, minimum 2 weeks with a total of 40 lesson. These classes emphasize on the acquisition of the Spanish grammar and are recommended for people who have lots of possibilities to practice outside the school.
- Super intensive Spanish course: 6 lessons daily (45 minutes each), minimum one week with a total of 30 lessons. This is the right choose for all those who take just a short term Spanish course, staying less than 4 weeks. You share the morning Spanish grammar classes with the intensive course students and go on for 90 minutes in the afternoon in a smaller group, where the morning grammar is practiced and where conversation is the main goal.
- Crash courses: 7 lessons daily (45 minutes each), minimum one week with a total of 35 lessons. The same as in the super intensive Spanish course. Best for those who want to make most of their short time. The group is reduced again very often being alone or two students left for the last 45 minutes, where individual questions can be answered.
- Group Courses - starting each Monday with max. 7 students per level (mostly less). Our media level size is 4 students. Out of high season months like January, February and July, October you might find even smaller classes. In case there is only one student at a level, the number of daily lessons is reduced from 4 to 2, from 6 to 3 or from 7 to 4 lesson each of 45 minutes.
The minimum course duration is two weeks in case of Intensive Spanish Courses (4 lessons per day) or one week for Super Intensive Spanish Courses (6 lessons per day) and Spanish Crash Courses (7 lessons). Spanish group courses can be extended by whole weeks only. Every Monday we welcome the new students with empanadas and vino. At one afternoon we offer a chat or meeting with organizations dealing with different subjects such as human rights, ecology, poverty, and ethnic minorities, or we visit the house of Pablo Neruda or a winery. Students with more than 4 daily lessons on those days, choose either having classes or the afternoon activity.
Spanish group courses are taught from Monday to Friday with 4, 6 or 7 lessons (45 minutes each) daily from 9:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. In case of Super Intensive the missing lessons are held in the afternoon from 2:30 p.m. to 4.00 p.m. The Crash courses have an additional lesson from 4.15 p.m. to 5.00 p.m. In exceptional cases we might run some intensive levels in the afternoon from 2.30 p.m. and 6.00 p.m.
- One to One - Individual Spanish instruction generally in the afternoon schedule. During the whole year, one-to-one Spanish tuition can be taken in Santiago. The student fixes the starting date, the duration and the number of classes per day as well as the weekdays on which he or she wants to have classes. Availability might be a problem during the summer season! These private classes are held in the afternoon from 2:30 p.m. on.
- Two to One - Semi-individual: one teacher, two students. During the whole year, two-on-one extensive or intensive tuition can be taken in Santiago or Valparaíso. The second student pays only half fee of the private class.
These are modules of private tuition, which can be taken in addition to an intensive group course or as a private course in the afternoon. You need to have at least a intermediate level for these Modules.
- DELE Examination preparation: Additional private classes of two classes per day during one week or longer(45 minutes each) We prepare for all levels: Certificado Inicial, Diploma, Intermedio, Diploma, Superior. You can take the Examination in Santiago in May, August and October or in any of the certified examination centers in your country. You can take the Examination in Santiago in May, August and November or in any of the certified examination centers in your country.
- Extensive preparation for DELE examination: For those who are staying for a longer period in Chile doing maybe an internship, we offer a twice-a-week module for preparation of the DELE examination. We offer two different levels. The minimum group size is 2 students and the maximum is 7. Schedule is Mondays and Wednesdays from 17:15-18:45. Start date 05th of March 2007 Course duration is 10 weeks with a total of 40 classes.
- Commercial Spanish: Additional private classes module of two classes per day during one week or longer. Contents: The company - Human Resources - Marketing Import-Export – The bank – Stock exchange – Taxes – Publicity - Negotiation.
- Spanish for lawyers: Additional private classes module of two classes per day during one week or longer. Contents: Justice - Constitución – Juridical System - Process Law, Penal Law - Civil and commercial Law - International Law and Ambiental Law.
- Medical Spanish: Additional private classes module of two classes per day during one week or longer. Contents: The health - Infections – Health institutions - The Hospital - Internal medicine - Surgery - Traumatology - Gerontology – First Aid.
- Spanish and wine: Additional module of 4 classes given by our Sommelier Basilio Barros. Includes wine tasting course (cata). Objective is to give a complete overview of the Chilean Enology and enable the student to choose the right wine for any occasion.
- Viticulture in the world and the wine valleys in Chile
- Different grapes cultivated in Chile
- Wine making process for white and red wines
- The wood and the wine
- The tasting procedures
- How to enjoy wines
- The Chilean Wine Industry
- Chilean Wine yards
Wine yard visit:
Optionally choose a visit in Santa Carolina, Concha y Toro, Cousiño Macul or Undurraga Wine yard.
Intensive Courses (20 hours):
- 2 weeks - 280 US$
- 3 weeks - 420 US$
- 4 weeks - 500 US$
- Extra week - 125 US$
Super intensive Courses (30 hours):
- 1 week - 175 US$
- 2 weeks - 350 US$
- 3 weeks - 525 US$
- 4 weeks - 620 US$
- Extra week - 125 US$
Crash Courses (35 hours):
- 1 week - 245 US$
- 2 weeks - 490 US$
- 3 weeks - 735 US$
- 4 weeks - 880 US$
- Extra week - 220 US$
About This Supplier
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend