Once again we will be plein air painting on the beautiful Amalfi Coast, a World Heritage Site, which consistently offers a unique artistic challenge and historic perspective on this magnificent region of Italy. Perfectly preserved ancient villages spill down sheer cliffs to the azure sea offering the most spectacular vistas to be found anywhere. It is the perfect venue for a painter!
- 7 nights, 8 days at our seaside hotel, all rooms with private bath, daily breakfast.
- All rooms with a sea view. Breakfast each day and 3 lunches and 5 dinners included
- 6 1/2 days of Art Instruction, Demonstration & Critiques; One-on-one painting & drawing instruction
- Work in oils, watercolors or pastels; all levels.
- Paint in Positano, Ravello, Capri, and Amalfi; We’ll also paint in a private family garden hanging half way between the Sea & Sky & enjoy an exceptional “al fresco” luncheon under the bougainvillea canopy
- Free time to visit the inspiring Villa Cimbrone & Villa Rufolo while in Ravello.
- Private car land transfers to Ravello and to and from the airport.
- Ferry boat transfers to Positano included.
Day 1: Arrive and check-in at hotel in Amalfi, painting demonstration by Sam D'Ambruoso. The 6 points to consider creating a great painting are discussed. Artists continue to paint after demo. Join us for Cocktails at 7:00 p.m. with dinner to follow.
Day 2: Demo at 8:30 a.m. We paint in Amalfi. Painting objectives will be developed for all artists. Paint all day until 4:30 p.m. Lunch and dinner at hotel.
Day 3: Artists painting day in Amalfi. Lunch at hotel. Dinner on your own to enjoy the many terrific restaurants in Amalfi.
Day 4: Positano. Today we will travel by ferry to spectacular Positano to paint/sketch the excellent locations near the beach. Lunch is on your own at any one of the wonderful restaurants on the beach. Positano is also known for its shopping – just so you know! Dinner at hotel.
Day 5: Ravello. Today we spend our day in a lovely, peaceful private garden high up the towering cliffs above the sea. We’ll paint and then enjoy a homemade luncheon “al fresco”. Continue painting after lunch. This evening we’ll enjoy true Neapolitan pizza!
Day 6: Optional: Capri. For those who wish, take a ferry to Capri and explore this world famous playground on your own. Visit Anacapri, the Villa St. Michele, as well as Capri's own "center of the world" Piazza Umberto and the beautiful Gardens of Augustus overlooking the Faraglioni rocks.
Artists may choose to bring their painting gear or sketchbooks. Enjoy lunch on your own at one of the many wonderful restaurants on Capri. Please note - Capri is very hilly – but public transportation is very good. The ferry is approximately 37 EUR round trip, and the 1 day bus/funicular pass is about 7 EUR.
Day 7: Ravello. We return to this peaceful village to paint all day. Lunch on your own in Ravello. Dinner at Hotel. Optional: Some artists may wish to take some time on their own to visit the medieval Villa Rufulo – and the gardens which inspired Wagner to write his famous opera Parsifal and to visit Villa Cimbrone with its spectacular Belevdere “to eternity” and gardens. Entries to these historic Villas are approximately 8 EUR each. Sam will give the overall painting critique on the works accomplished this week. Tonight our Farewell Dinner.
Day 8: Checkout and departure.
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend