Tour Dates for 2012:
- Amalfi Coast: June 23 to 30, October 14 to 21
- Tuscany: October 7 to 14.
Tuscany Cooking Lessons: wine tasting, cheese making and cultural experiences. Join us for the dates above or create your own exciting, personal sojourn of culinary and cultural adventures. We are happy to assist your group of 8-12 in designing its own unique itinerary and dates to travel; select from Tusany or Amalfi Coast. We'll make suggestions and you'll decide. The best reason to travel and be with the people you love is to Celebrate Life! And that's what Italy is all about.
We'll cook and feast on traditional grilled meats, "pici", a hand rolled pasta unique to Tuscany, and the hearty soup ribollita. Spend the morning at the local outdoor market selecting produce and ingredients to cook. Of course, it's all enjoyed with the world renowned wines of Tuscany.
Amalfi Cooking Lessons: stunning World Heritage Site where we'll learn to make southern Italian delights at the home of one of the region's most revered cooks. She'll lead us in preparing dishes such as stuffed zucchini blossoms, lemon risotto, fresh seafood and savory antipasti. Enjoy an al fresco luncheon in her beautiful garden, under lemon groves and bougainvillea, sipping wines harvested from the vines growing on the steep cliffs tumbling to the sea.
All classes taught by regional chefs of Itay! Mary Ann D'Ambruoso will escort the group and oversee the week's activities sharing her 20 years of hospitality experiences, including her years behind the stove! Mary Ann has traveled throughout Italy these past 14 years with her husband Sam's art workshops and loves to encourage guests in their personal discovery of this most exciting country.
We believe in a relaxed pace with time to savor each day. You'll enjoy the best and most authentic experience you can have. We love to join in with the local people at the market or special feast days. Test the regional foods and soak in the essence of Italian history, arts, and culture.
- Tuscan Hills: Val d'Orcia is home to classic hill towns. You'll be mesmerized by the fields of endless vineyards and olive groves, and the winding lanes bordered by tall, proud cypress trees
- Amalfi Coast: our 4 star hotel with breathtaking views, hidden treasures, the rugged seacoast and sophisticated living of this World Heritage Site.
- Per person double occupancy: 3495 USD Tuscany
-Per person double occupancy: 2875 USD Amalfi
- Single room supplement: 475 USD.
- 7 nights, 8 days at a restored Papal Villa
- Breakfast each morning, 4 lunches and 4 dinners
- 3 days of cooking lessons
- Lunches served with local wines
- Tastings of local olive oils, wines
- Excursion to the Umbrian village of Assisi
- Visit the "Most Beautiful Villages of Tuscany" San Quirico
- Pienza for cheese tasting.
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see Vacation Schools in: