G.A.P Adventures (View Company Profile)
Editor's Note: G.A.P Adventures has been working with InfoHub since
December 2003. We recently talked to Steve Clifford at G.A.P Adventures
about his company and his experience of working with InfoHub.
1. How long has your business been operating, and
how did it start up?
In 1990 Bruce Poon Tip launched G.A.P Adventures with the belief that other travelers would share his desire to experience authentic adventures in the real world. We've grown from a one-man show to a company of over 300, and from a handful of trips in Latin America to hundreds of adventures on all 7 continents.
2. What unique features do you offer?
- Group Size - the smallest in the industry.
- Value - our down-to-earth approach to adventure travel saves you money. Why pay for lavish hotels, western-style meals and tourist coaches that will isolate you from the real world you've come to experience?
- Travel Philosophy - we are a company of travelers dedicated to showing you the real world in an intimate, authentic and sustainable manner.
- Sustainable Tourism - from the start, G.A.P has been committed to offering low-impact tours that benefit both the traveler and the host. We work with local communities, businesses and individuals to develop sustainable tourism opportunities that help local economies while minimizing negative environmental and cultural impacts.
3. What do your customers appreciate in you the most?
- Value and Flexibility;
- Authentic Experience;
- Small Groups.
4. You have been an InfoHub partner since December 2003. How would
you describe your experience of working with InfoHub?
It's been a very successful partnership.
5. Is there anything else you'd like our visitors to know about
Over 40,000 travelers experience the real world with us every year! Although we've grown our passion for making sure you get behind the scenes to experience the real world in an authentic and sustainable manner is as strong as ever.