The AEF school is an Italian art, music, culinary, culture and language school located in the very heart of historic Florence, enabling students to fully experience the true musical legacy of the place where classical music was born and where contemporary music is rooted. The Accademia Europea di Firenze offers the group song course for students of all levels of expertise. A great number of musicians; both professionals and amateurs alike, come to the Accademia Europea di Firenze searching for a place to channel and develop their musical abilities.
The group singing course, will enable the students to find the right notes and determine their status as a soprano, alto, tenor or bass, and develop your skills in that specific voice category and how you should interact with the other voices. Guided by a maestro, who also accompanies on the piano, the students will prepare a program of songs including pieces from varied genres (from the ancient Italian polyphonic, to the modern and contemporary). The instructor pays close attention to the correct pronunciation, diction and comprehension. This course usually collaborates and sings with an already established and active vocal ensemble. Upon finishing the Group Song course with passing marks students will receive a diploma recognizing their achievements during the course.
The Group Song course will enable you to:
- Sing in tune and with a vocal timbre which complements the other singers;
- Sing at precise levels of volume, matching the dynamics and expression marked in the score or prescribed by the conductor, and not sing in a way as to make your voice stand out unless it is necessary in the song;
- Sight-read music fluently;
- Read and pronounce the lyrics accurately and in the pronunciation style specified by the leader, whatever the language may be;
- Remain alert for long periods, monitoring directly what is happening in a rehearsal or performance;
- Notice errors in your own singing and correct them.
The AEF has a team of fully equipped and experienced teachers who will enable you to develop the necessary techniques for singing in a group dynamic, enabling you to use the necessary tone variations in every moment of the song respecting the different vocal types such as tenor, bass, alto soprano, baritone, etc. Our teachers, together with all the fellow students, help create a friendly and positive environment where music comes to life. And for its commitment to quality of teaching, unique location, high-quality facilities the AEF is one of the fastest growing schools in Italy.
Aside from regular courses our school offers a rich program of optional language and cultural activities (concerts, seminars, films, visits to museums and farms) as well as extra-curricular and recreational activities (parties, dinners, food and wine tasting, sports, etc.) which are offered every week to ensure the enjoyment and cultural fulfillment of the students.
Our students can choose from among the following types of accommodations:
- Private apartment. This is the best option for those who want to be completely autonomous and free to host friends and family. All apartments are furnished and equipped with kitchen utensils.
- Student apartment. This option allows students to share an apartment with other students (foreign and Italian). Apartments are well equipped and furnished.
- Family-stay. Living with an Italian family is a good way to practice the language and experience the Italian way of life. All families are used to hosting foreign students and willing to share with you their daily routines and traditions.
- Other solutions. It is also possible to reserve accommodations in pensions, hotels, residence or religious institutions.
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see Study Abroads in:
University Study Abroad