The Accademia Europea di Firenze is one of the fastest growing schools in Florence, located in the center of the historic part of the city, it is a short walk from many of Italy’s most important sights, as well as, restaurants, shops, pubs, parks, night clubs and other places. The AEF staff will welcome you and take care of any arrangements you may need to make your stay the most enjoyable and comfortable possible.
We offer the History and Language of Melodrama Course for people who are interested in studying and having a deep understanding of Italian Melodrama and its evolution and changes throughout history. The course is recognized for the competence of its teachers and excellence of its structure, as well as for its ability to create a pleasant atmosphere where students can openly discuss their ideas and opinions on the subjects presented in the lessons.
Upon finishing the Melodrama course with passing marks students will receive a diploma recognizing their accomplishments during the course. The students will begin to understand even the more complex melodramatic movements through the guidance and explanation of the teacher who will help them by putting into context the music and events of famous composers throughout history. Topics to study:
- From the Commedia Madrigalistica to the Recitar Cantando
- C. Monteverdi
- Opera buffa and Opera seria (17th-18th centuries)
- The Neapolitan school and Neoclassicism
- G. Rossini-V. Bellini
- G. Donizetti and the belcanto
- Melodrama after G. Verdi and Verismo
- G. Puccini
- Opera after Puccini and the contemporaries.
At the Accademia Europea di Firenze the teacher guides you through a panorama of the history of this art form and guides students through the study and the comprehension of composers and operas that have determined the evolution of its musical, theatrical and dramatic "language".
Aside from regular courses our school offers a rich program of optional language and cultural activities (concerts, seminars, films, visits to museums and farms) as well as extra-curricular and recreational activities (parties, dinners, food and wine tasting, sports, etc.) which are offered every week to ensure the enjoyment and cultural fulfillment of the students.
Our students can choose from among the following types of accommodations:
- Private apartment. This is the best option for those who want to be completely autonomous and free to host friends and family. All apartments are furnished and equipped with kitchen utensils.
- Student apartment. This option allows students to share an apartment with other students (foreign and Italian). Apartments are well equipped and furnished.
- Family-stay. Living with an Italian family is a good way to practice the language and experience the Italian way of life. All families are used to hosting foreign students and willing to share with you their daily routines and traditions.
- Other solutions. It is also possible to reserve accommodations in pensions, hotels, residence or religious institutions.
Also see Study Abroads in:
University Study Abroad