The Accademia Europea di Firenze is one of the fastest growing schools in Florence, located in the center of the historic part of the city, it is a short walk from many of Italy’s most important sights, as well as, restaurants, shops, pubs, parks, night clubs and other places. The AEF staff will welcome you and take care of any arrangements you may need to make your stay the most enjoyable and comfortable possible.
The Accademia Europea di Firenze offers a history of Italian cinema course, to enable people who are film lovers or film students to have a deep and thorough knowledge of this art form and all its expressions and revolutions in Italy from the past century to its current status. The Italian cinema can be studied as being the art form that was best able to capture the changes that occurred in Italy in the past decades, such as political, social, and economical transformations that have taken place. The school offers a dynamic methodology where students can express their opinions and make their own criticisms and written assignments. The teachers are highly qualified and trained to make the learning experience a pleasant and instructive one.
Contents of the course:
- Neo-realism: De Sica and Rossellini
- The Italian Comedy: Dino Risi and Mario Monicelli
- The phenomenal Totò
- The Imagination of Fellini
- Massimo Troisi: Naples amongst cinema, poetry and theater
- Roberto Begnini: from the Comedy to Fellini
- Gabriele Salvatores, Giuseppe Tornatore and Ettore Scola: cinema and its history
- The new Italian film-makers: Amelio, Muccino, Soldini and Archibugi.
The teachers at the Accademia Europea di Firenze are all highly qualified professionals in their area of instruction.
Aside from regular courses our school offers a rich program of optional language and cultural activities (concerts, seminars, films, visits to museums and farms) as well as extra-curricular and recreational activities (parties, dinners, food and wine tasting, sports, etc.) which are offered every week to ensure the enjoyment and cultural fulfillment of the students.
Our students can choose from among the following types of accommodations:
- Private apartment. This is the best option for those who want to be completely autonomous and free to host friends and family. All apartments are furnished and equipped with kitchen utensils.
- Student apartment. This option allows students to share an apartment with other students (foreign and Italian). Apartments are well equipped and furnished.
- Family-stay. Living with an Italian family is a good way to practice the language and experience the Italian way of life. All families are used to hosting foreign students and willing to share with you their daily routines and traditions.
- Other solutions. It is also possible to reserve accommodations in pensions, hotels, residence or religious institutions.
Also see Study Abroads in:
University Study Abroad