The Accademia Europea di Firenze is one of the fastest growing schools in Florence, located in the center of the historic part of the city, it is a short walk from many of Italy’s most important sights, as well as, restaurants, shops, pubs, parks, night clubs and other places. The AEF staff will welcome you and take care of any arrangements you may need to make your stay the most enjoyable and comfortable possible.
The Accademia Europea di Firenze offers the Italian theater course for people who want to delve into the Italian culture and learn about one of the most expressive art forms of Italy. The course will draw a panorama of Italian theater and all its most important authors and themes and how they influenced the thoughts of their time and the historical and social importance they had. Through the use of multimedia aids, students will study the history of Italian theater, its “language” and its regional particularities.
The topics of the course are:
- The origins of theater: traveling bards and street artists
- Re-enactments of sacred events
- The Commedia dell’Arte and the masks
- The Renaissance and Court comedies
- The Arcadia and Metastasio theaters
- The 18th century: from tragedies to the bourgeois comedy: Vittorio Alfieri and Carlo Goldoni
- The 19th century of Giacomo Manzoni
- Luigi Pirandello
- Edoardo De Filippo and the Neapolitan tradition
- The contemporary theater of Dario Fo.
The teachers at the AEF are all highly qualified, constantly updated in the latest teaching techniques.
Aside from regular courses our school offers a rich program of optional language and cultural activities (concerts, seminars, films, visits to museums and farms) as well as extra-curricular and recreational activities (parties, dinners, food and wine tasting, sports, etc.) which are offered every week to ensure the enjoyment and cultural fulfillment of the students.
Our students can choose from among the following types of accommodations:
- Private apartment. This is the best option for those who want to be completely autonomous and free to host friends and family. All apartments are furnished and equipped with kitchen utensils.
- Student apartment. This option allows students to share an apartment with other students (foreign and Italian). Apartments are well equipped and furnished.
- Family-stay. Living with an Italian family is a good way to practice the language and experience the Italian way of life. All families are used to hosting foreign students and willing to share with you their daily routines and traditions.
- Other solutions. It is also possible to reserve accommodations in pensions, hotels, residence or religious institutions.
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see Study Abroads in:
University Study Abroad