The Accademia Europea di Firenze offers the history of Italian music course for students of all levels of expertise. Course for people who would like to have a detailed knowledge of Italian music and its evolution and changes throughout history; from the medieval madrigals to contemporary composers. The AEF school is located in the very heart of historic Florence, enabling students to fully experience the true musical legacy of the place where classical music was born and where contemporary music is rooted. A great number of musicians; both professionals and amateurs alike, come to the Accademia Europea di Firenze searching for a place to channel and develop their musical abilities.
Students will have lessons in the classroom followed by guided tours through the locations where important historic musical events took place, as well as tours through museums and contemporary presentations in the local amphitheaters. Upon finishing the course with passing grades, students will receive a diploma recognizing their achievements. Italian music is extremely vast; yet it is possible to trace guidelines that can help understand its most interesting and influential events. The students will learn to understand even the more complex music through the guidance and explanation of the teacher who will help them by putting into context the music and events of famous composers throughout history.
Topics to study:
- Madrigals and the origins of melodrama
- C. Monteverdi
- The 17th century
- Instrumental music and string instruments of the 17th and 18th centuries
- Vivaldi and the violin culture, the 18th century and G. Rossini
- The season of the belcanto
- G. Verdi
- Opera Verista
- G. Puccini and the 20th century
- The rebirth of instrumental music
- Contemporary composers
- The new musical theater.
The course is recognized for the quality of its teachers and also quality of structure. The AEF also has a great ability to create a friendly environment where students can openly discuss their ideas and opinions about the class topics.
Aside from regular courses our school offers a rich program of optional language and cultural activities (concerts, seminars, films, visits to museums and farms) as well as extra-curricular and recreational activities (parties, dinners, food and wine tasting, sports, etc.) which are offered every week to ensure the enjoyment and cultural fulfillment of the students.
Our students can choose from among the following types of accommodations:
- Private apartment. This is the best option for those who want to be completely autonomous and free to host friends and family. All apartments are furnished and equipped with kitchen utensils.
- Student apartment. This option allows students to share an apartment with other students (foreign and Italian). Apartments are well equipped and furnished.
- Family-stay. Living with an Italian family is a good way to practice the language and experience the Italian way of life. All families are used to hosting foreign students and willing to share with you their daily routines and traditions.
- Other solutions. It is also possible to reserve accommodations in pensions, hotels, residence or religious institutions.
Also see Study Abroads in:
University Study Abroad