Bilbao native Professional Guide. Specialized in modern and contemporary art, being official guide at the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao for years. And ready, as well, to introduce you, the visitor, to both, the traditional and the new resources of the Basque Country, an exciting land full of contrast. Don’t miss our gastronomy, Riojan wines, and traditions. Come and the pass the word!
There are some interesting and attractive tours to let you know about Bilbao and the rest of the Basque geography:
- Bilbao a city in transformation, is a tour that introduces the visitor to the new resources of the city, such as the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao by Frank O. Ghery, and the new water front with the New Opera House by Soriano&Palacios, the Metro system by N. Foster, the footbridge by S. Calatrava, and the new buildings by famous architects like Legorreta Brothers, R. Moneo, A. Isozaki, R. Stern. P. Starck and others.
- The Old Bilbao, a tour that takes you to the history of the city through the Old Section and the famous Seven Streets, and the most remarkable buildings such as the Arriaga Theatre, the gothic Saint James Cathedral, the New Square, and one of the largest indoor markets in Europe, the Ribera Market.
- The Guggenheim Museum Bilbao Tour, an exciting and unforgettable experience to visit and enjoy the spectacular, amazing building by Frank. O. Ghery. Perhaps the titanium of the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao is the best image of this new Basque Country as it strides into the 21st century.
- The Fine Arts Museum Bilbao, one of the most important museums after El Prado, with interesting highlights in ancient and traditional art, such as Zurbaran, Murillo, Ribera, Greco, Van Dyck... This museum offers too the modern and contemporary collection.
- Chillida-Leku, an open air museum where a restored 16th century farmhouse surrounded by trees houses the collection that basque artist Chillida has been putting together for years.
- The Basque Coastline, a wonderful way to discover the magic of this land, as well as the customs and traditions of the Basque people.
- San Sebastian is the so famous, elegant, and aristocratic town, located by the Bay of Biscay Coast. Let us introduce you to the Old part and the Enlargement of the town. And let's try the so called "pintxos" (tapas) at the little bars or if you rather you could enjoy a delicious meal or dinner at some of the most well-known cheff´s restaurants.
- Vitoria-Gasteiz, capital city of the Autonomous Community of the Basque Country, has the best conserved medieval old quarter call "the Almond". The Old Cathedral under restoration works is of obliged visit for the visitor.
- The Rioja Alavesa Tour is the perfect excursion for both, wine and art lovers. Riojan wines are at a very top level in the red and white wine industry. The churches and medieval little towns make the scenery very attractive to all visitors.
- The Three Temples Tour, a unique experience to see three styles for three local sanctuaries: Romanesque in Santa María La Antigua, Zumarraga; Baroque in Loiola, native town for Ignatious de Loiola, founder of the Jesuist Order; and vanguard in Arantzazu. A circuit of art and spirituality through the inland valleys.
About This Supplier
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend