* Port Campbell township – history and culture of this tourist town.
* Loch Ard Gorge – we walk onto beach, walk around to the spectacular Razorback and view Island Archway. Emphasis on tragic history and hazards of the Shipwreck Coast to early shipping.
* Twelve Apostles – view the remaining Sow and Piglets the Twelve Apostles, view the little penguin breeding colony, learn about the Southern Ocean and the Twelve Apostles Marine National Park.
* Gibson’s Steps Beach – this would have to be one of the most spectacular beaches in the world! Sixty meter vertical cliffs and one kilometre sandy beach, a great opportunity to stretch the legs with a walk on the beach.
* Glenample Homestead (subject to opening hours) – this is the homestead that Tom Pearce and Eva Carmichael were taken to to recover from the wreck of the Loch Ard. Afterwards enjoy coffee or tea in Princetown, either at the Do Duck Inn Café, perched above the Gellibrand Estuary or on the banks of the Gellibrand River. Be warned you may have to walk over the 300m wetland boardwalk!
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend